Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A pair of honkers

wegner36

Got done helping dad work on the combine just in time to throw my coat on (that would explain the filth!!) and take my girlfriend out on our winter rye field.

we cut silage and had to leave for rows of corn in the center of what we cut, for the crop adjuster to come out check for insurance purposes. so we set up in that just off of a rise in the field, and two geese came in about five minutes later and landed about 100 yards down on another rise so we snuck up on them and let them sit, we sat and watched them for about 30 minutes, with 5 min left before sunset all hell broke loose, at least in a goose hunters world.

a flock of fifty comes up from out of our woods and circles way out from us and dissapears, another flock 75 circles closer but then dissapears...so i was thinking we missed out, then a flock of 125 comes out of the woods and circles, while they are circling the other flocks of 75 and 50 had joined up and were coming from behinf us. as they were coming from behind us the other flock of 125 was starting to drop in on the field. another flock of ten came from the woods and came right over us at about 15 feet off the ground, when they were 20 yards out i gave the "take 'em" call to hannah, we both stand up and i let her shoot first, she drills the first one in the flock
grin.gif
, i shoot and miss my first shot
blush.gif
, then i shoot again and drop one. so we ended up with the two geese, hannah with her first goose ever and myself with the other, hannah only shot once...i think she was too excited to shoot again, at one point we had probably aroun 250 geese within 200 yards of us! it was crazy! hannah asked me if i still got excited...someday she will understand that the excitement never goes away! it made it twice as exciting taking someone who has never done it before and having such success, it was real fun just getting her out there show her some of the stuff that goes on!
7523geese-med.JPG

after we shot the two big flocks just circled back and dropped in the woods.
and i forgot to mention Lucy our faithful goose beagle...
smirk.gif

is it really necessary to say dirtball"S", come on nick you don't need to drag hannah into this. we both know that i'm a dirtball....not classy nick, not classy at all

[ QUOTE ]
Here I was so hoping it was gonna be like "Bow ID please".

[/ QUOTE ]

HA!

Top Bottom