Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Survival Story - My Seasons Last Hunt.

Glad to hear you and your dog made it out safe, Hardwood! I think any one of us one here would have done that for our dogs. I know I would. Bowman, I get that same lecture everytime I head out to hunt in the middle of nowhere amongst the mountain lions, bears, and other crazies that roam the forests out here. :grin: We should probably all be listening to our wives more closely, yet we still go out alone. Glad you are still among the hunting, Hardwood and not another statistic!

If dc240nt would have lost his dog, he would have carried it around for the rest of his life...if his family and friends lost dc240nt, they would have carried it around for the rest of their lives.

Great story and I'm glad everything went well.

I just realized I paid tribute to the wrong individual in my original post. I hope that's what you were pointing out, Thinkin Rut. Thanks. Not to slight Harwood's situation he describes, but I meant to say "Glad you made it out safe dc240nt!" and I'm "glad that ds240nt is still among the hunting and not a statistic". Brain fart must have been due to it being my first Monday back in the office after being gone on use/lose leave for 2.5 weeks over the holidays. Thanks again, Thinkin Rut for pointing out my mis-step.

Didn't even notice that AZHunter...:D My point was that, depending on the situation, I would not have risked my own well being for the animal. I'm glad I didn't have to face that choice.

Scary deal Dan,..glad you're okay.

I love winter, something about the cold and snow I've always loved.,...........but you have to respect it for it can whoop you with ease.

When I got my driver's licence my dad told me
"Never let your tank get down to less than 1/2 in the winter and Always have blankets and survival gear in your vehicle."

I'll pass that on to my kids too.

Top Bottom