Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A World Record Cover Up

And that, folks, is why 'net scores' are a complete bunch of BS!
The deer grew all of that bone on his head- tally it all up and put a number on it.

I have other opinions on 'scores' in general, but I'm not going to go there now.

It is very apparent that this is an attempt by one man (Reneau) to cover his a$$. He screwed up and is unwilling to have a panel score the rack because he knows that he would be overruled. Otherwise, what would be the harm in having an panel score the buck? I agree, with IowaDave, we should just use gross.

Brian

F the friggen rules. I say we start a new volume based measurement system to truly score every inch of antler.

Unreal!! Any hunter can see that's obviously a 200+"er not a 180.

Awesome buck either way

That's just wrong! It's really sad that it wasn't handled differently. That deer deserves it's chance to be recognized as the WR. Kind of makes a guy lose faith in B&C. Either way that is one of the most impressive typicals of all time.

An amazing deer that deserves the title of the biggest typical in the world.

So, sounds like that Reneau clown is the whole problem here. Who is this idiot and I don't get why he can't be bi-passed?!?!?! Think he has some other motives here?

All I know is I would have cried more over shooting the beam than the official B&C score.

Same deal happened to Sam Collora. His deer wasnt a WR but would have been up there but they decieded one of the points was an abnormal. I think it was the one between the G4 and G5.

GLCcollora.jpg

I dont understand what the motive is but it is just wrong.

Im 6x6 about shooting it off over the score.

Rules are rules and all things are relative.. Do away with "net" score and the big truly clean typicals take a hit.. Everyone else with a wannabe gets a bigger score..

The volume score I believe is called the "Burkett" system and tanks are a bitch to make.. Wanna check the volume of a big moose, or even a whitetail with a drop tine or two? Things really get muddy with that.

Personally after seeing some good closeups of the questionable points, I agree "Abnormal"

The sad thing is that the entire story revolves around dollar signs. One party looks to be protecting an existing cash cow, while the other looks to break into one.

This just reaffirms my confidence in my personal decisions not to register the record book deer I've harvested. I took some guilty pleasure in watching the facial expression of an official P&Y scorer at the Iowa Whitetail Classic when he told me I should register a large NT deer I'd taken up there....I told him if P&Y wanted to pay me for the right to list my deer I might be willing to let them put it in their book.

Personally after seeing some good closeups of the questionable points, I agree "Abnormal"

Seems to me that there is way to much "personal opinion" involved in the process. The Kevin Petrzilka buck was recognized as the Nebraska state record and has the same "common base" characteristic as this deer, and it was deemed as typical. B&C needs some sort of precedent set for these situations. It's a shame if you ask me. Whether you think abnormal or not, it is assanine to say that this deer is 180". It's a travesty to a world class animal. IMO

Actually, there is a special "figure 8" measurement to determine common base points. I dont specifically know how it is done, but a buddy of mine who is an official scorer said that based on the pictures he has seen of this buck that the "Figure 8" measurement would make those points typical. They do LOOK close to abnormal, but many, many people have looked and determine them as typical.

Exactly why I would never enter an animal in a record book.....these kind of politics only take away from our sport.

Posted by Earl E. November in an earlier post.....

If you can imagine cutting both tines free from the main beam along the top line of the main beam, the resulting figure would determine normal or abnormal. if the figure is a (8) then both are normal, If it is a (C or O) one point has to be considered abnormal.
The one attached to the main beam is normal.
They are only "Common base" if they are both attached to the main beam and you have the (8)

Top Bottom