Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age and score on 3 bucks

Plendl

Hey guys first time checking my cams this year and have a few shooters so far. These 3 I need help scoring and aging to decide if they are shooters or not. First one is a big wide 10 that i got pics of in a new spot i can hunt needless to say im excited to hunt this new spot.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The second buck is a wide 8 that i passed up last fall @ 12 yds from my blind. He was just as wide last year but tine length was small and wouldnt have score very high. This year he got alot bigger. My guess is he is 3. What do you guys think.
picture.php

This last buck is also in the new spot i can hunt he is a nice thick 9. What is your guess for score and age?
picture.php

picture.php

Nice deer! The big ten I'd score at 140ish. Not sure on age, if say no younger than 4.5.
Second one, no clue on age due to only a front facing pic. Score it thought too but he's a cool deer. May push mid 130's.
I'd give the last one a little more time personally.

I would say the first deer is 4-5 - mid 140's- 2nd deer low 140's maybe 3- last deer I think is 2.5-3 and needs AT least one more year- I would pull on the first two- wouldn't even pick up the bow for the 3rd one- bright future though!

First buck is low 140's and at least 4.5.

Second buck should finish in the high 130's age is tough from head on but looks mature.

Third deer is 2.5-3.5 and 120-125. Most guys would pass him, but you are on a website dealing with some diehard guys. We all might choose pass him, but the average hunter would smoke him and be loving life.

As others will say it all depends if you like him or not. We can give you our best opinion on score and age, but that's where our opinion should stop.

Here's an interesting stat via my Indiana DNR. The odds of killing a pope and young buck are 1 in 12,000. The odds of a booner are 1 in 70,000.

I'll confirm what others said, let that nine walk...he has all the goods for blowing up to Booner status...no doubt

The eight looks mature to me...sway back, whack him!

Top Bottom