Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age and Score

I was wondering the age and score of these 2 deer. Should we shoot em or let em walk for 1 more year. I am pretty sure that they are both 3.5 but I will leave that up to you guys the experts.

11829-buck1.jpg

11829-buck2.jpg

11829-buck4.jpg

11829-buck5.jpg

I know the first one doesn't have very good pics. Maybe he is 4.5 because we can't seem to get any that have a good pic of the rack.

I would say they are both mature. Hard to tell, but looking at the bodies and the necks they both seem to be 4.5. Long snouts, and huge necks make them look 4.5. No sagging belly yet, but there necks look to big and too early to be swollen that much. Could be wrong

I think the second is more mature than the first but tough to tell. Both nice bucks. Hope you get the chance to decide between.

that last pic is one of the best overall photos I've seen all year, the background is awesome. Looks like a storm was rollin in. He appears to be (body-wise) more mature than the first. Scores...probably mid 40's (+)...hard to say for sure, and I certainly ain't no expert.

sure those are just 2 bucks, looks like it could be 4 different bucks.

First 2 pics are for sure the same deer.There is a giant Gap between the g2 and g3 on the right beam.
The 3rd and 4th picture look to be different to me,4th deer looks to be alot wider.
That being said i think the first deer is mature for sure.

I thought the same thing that maybe the last 2 pics might be of 2 different deer. Not really sure though. I was just basically waiting for someone to say that. Gives me hope that there could be 2 mature bucks with some good typical genetics to pass around.

The first 2 pics are of the same deer for sure just because of the gap in the g2 and g3 like there should be another point there. I know that it is genetic because we have trail cam pics of him from last year. He was about as wide, not as tall, and he definitely put on some mass this year.I am also pretty sure that another deer that we have on camera, is either offspring or a younger sibling. he has that same thing going on.

Top Bottom