Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age this buck please

Hat Trick

Alright guys I think I am pretty good at aging deer and also telling which deer is which, but I will admit I am confused about this/these deer. I can't tell if this is the same deer nor if it is an older deer or not. I have pics of one of these with a 160 class 12 point in his bachelor group all summer.

Is this deer...

Dubbayah2.jpg

Dubbayah4.jpg

Dubbayah-1.jpg

The same deer as this one?

DubbayahSenior.jpg

DubbayahSenior3.jpg

DubbayahSenior2.jpg

Are the pictures a combo of different deer or the same one? Keep in mind we have never had deer with these weeird wide genetics so I am really excited. I do not want to shoot him unless he's mature. In some pics one of these looks really old and others like a 1.5-2.5. I can't see the sticker point off the left base in the one that looks older, I also don't have the angles on the older one to see the patch by the back left leg either.

Opinions?

Very young. My guess is a year and a half...seems like all of them are that age in the pics same deer or not

I think it's probably the same deer. The only part that seems tricky is that it looks like he's got some junk coming off the bases in the velvet picks, I think that they are just harder to see in the night/hard horn pictures. I'm going to guess that he is 2.5 just becuase in the hard horn pic where he is looking straight at the camera you can really see his width, its out there past his ears.

Top Bottom