Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Air freshners or dryer sheets

Thefrgt10

PMA Member
There has been an on going battle with a guy that owns ground next to the farm I hunt. I won't get into much detail but I thought I remember hearing something about lee and tiffany getting in trouble for hanging dryer sheets on their property lines. Well after I got in my stand last night I noticed an air freshner hanging from a tree about 40 yards away on his side of the fence. Is it legal? Reconciliation is not an option. Is there anything I can do? Do I remember hearing right about lee and tiffany getting in trouble? Any info would be appreciated.

Good question. If it's on his side of the fence you will probably have trouble getting him for anything, although it is illegal to interfere with someone hunting. I would guess the law will say, he can do whatever he wants on his own land. The fenceline would be another story. How close is your stand to the fence?

Best bet would be to call the county officer and see what he says. Sounds like you have quite the neighbor....

Yeah its been quite the battle. The guy actually went to the landowner this year trying to lease the western part of the ground we hunt to keep me and my dad off of it. Well needless to say his actions got him banned from the property we hunt all together. He previously had permission to walk across the land but no more.

We had the exact same problem with neighbor to the north, around the same time that they were in trouble, lee n tiff just happen the neighbors to the east.. found dryer sheets 25yds from our stand every 20 ft on the fence.. we were HOT over it, If we would have seen the neighbor it wouldn't have been a pretty scene at all.. my brother hunted that stand that afternoon n shot a 150" non typ 2 yds from the dryer sheets, the deer didn't care about em at all!! Just at dark as we were field dressing it, we see the neighbor walking out with a flashlight, like 30yds on his side of the fence, we hollered at him, that his plan backfired on him!! Never seen him again, its been like 4-5 yrs..

im wondering if something like this has happened in the woods that i hunt. i was getting tons of pics every 5days ... up towards 500 on 2 different cameras. caught a guy on them both with a back pack and a rake. since that day i have had 0 pics taken. this year the landowner said that he gave permission to 2 others so im assuming the guy was one of them. just strange getting tons of pics and then 0

im wondering if something like this has happened in the woods that i hunt. i was getting tons of pics every 5days ... up towards 500 on 2 different cameras. caught a guy on them both with a back pack and a rake. since that day i have had 0 pics taken. this year the landowner said that he gave permission to 2 others so im assuming the guy was one of them. just strange getting tons of pics and then 0

Are your cams still over mineral sites? Its not uncommon for me to go from several hundred pics to just a few almost over night as soon as the deer quit using the minerals.. usually happens in September

I can't see dryer sheets or soap and the like being effective long term. I would think that the deer would soon learn there is no imminent danger to associate with the smell. Hell, I've heard of guys laying out there street clothes in their hunting area before season to try and get the deer used to the scent.

Are your cams still over mineral sites? Its not uncommon for me to go from several hundred pics to just a few almost over night as soon as the deer quit using the minerals.. usually happens in September

one of them is. guess its time to finally give up on getting pics there

Last edited:
Top Bottom