Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AK Caribou

TheMadCatter

If anybody is interested in doing a 8 day archery/rifle caribou hunt in August, no dates planned yet, renting a car and tent camping. Rough hiking don't want to hike the 5 miles out on my own so need to be in shape. I'd venture to guess it'll cost in the $1,500-2,000 range total for everything including flight, tag, hunting license, shared rental, food, etc. if you have an Alaska Airline credit card it's basically free ($11.50 for me)

What part of August, and what's the weather and mosquito situation that time of the year up there?
We set dates, have one other person coming. Would love two more people to come if anybody is interested. August 11 - 20th. Can be either 60 and sunny or 20 and snow, can be bad mosquitos or non-existent. Mostly worried about Alaskan black flies, they're the worst.

I enjoy your adventure write-ups. Would love to read about this one. Great to know that the bugs didn't carry anyone away.
I enjoyed doing them until individuals on the forum called my job and complained about me shooting a bull elk in Wyoming. Not much fun when people online ruin your life because they have nothing better to do than call and curse out my boss and HR for hours. Bad apples spoil the bunch.

I enjoyed doing them until individuals on the forum called my job and complained about me shooting a bull elk in Wyoming. Not much fun when people online ruin your life because they have nothing better to do than call and curse out my boss and HR for hours. Bad apples spoil the bunch.
Yeah, I read that story and interaction. Sorry to hear that man.

Top Bottom