Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Albia Buck

dc240nt

PMA Member
Very reliable soarces tell of very big Whitetail news coming out of the Albia area. I'm sure some of you have already heard.

Did anyone take the time to read all the responses? I guess all big deer are now penned raised deer let loose and killed?

Someday, I'll kill a rumor worthy buck. :)

In the words of a wise unknown poet.
My Name Is Gossip. I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted the more I am believed. I flourish at every level of society. My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody's friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same. I topple governments and ruin marriages. I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartache and indigestion. I spawn suspicion and generate grief.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses.

I avoid it.

i read all those posts, talking about how great it was to have this rumor verified, but i never actually saw anything even close to a SLIVER of a verifiable fact.

HAHAHAHAHA! Wow, those guys are very reliable. Let the kid rest....I didn't realize this post was about the Albia buck at first....I just thought it was about something else around the Albia area.

That site looks like a good one to join....seems to be a lot of intelligent guys posting on there! :rolleyes:

This horse has been beaten to ten deaths now... Insert horse beating gremlin....

Right on.
thumbsdown.gif

So i just recently got back in contact with my dad. Come to find out... my step mom is the aunt of the boy who shot it. She is from centerville and got me in contact with the kid. He said that he is super tired of lots of people starting stuff about "confiscating his buck" and the "DNR is investigating this and that"...

He said its all a joke and not to believe anything.. and thats coming from the shooter.. so... I just thought i would inform ya on that! ha

Its been 5 years and those guys are still mad because a 15 year old shot a bigger buck than they'll ever seen....losers

if i ever have a chance at shooting a world record i will be doing everything i can to document a legal harvest - film, trail cams, witnesses, everything. then i wouldn't have to put with all this b.s.

Just a FWIW opinion...

if i ever have a chance at shooting a world record i will be doing everything i can to document a legal harvest - film, trail cams, witnesses, everything. then i wouldn't have to put with all this b.s.

This post made me think about this again...maybe I am off base here, but it really bugs me that people feel the need to think in terms of "proving" their harvest was legitimate, ethical, legal, etc. Now I can clearly see why people think that way, but it bugs me that they "have to".

If I ever I shoot a world class buck I will NOT call the CO to check me out, etc, because I don't think I should have to just because there are a bunch of busy bodies out there willing to make up a story and spread it, etc.

If I ever I shoot a world class buck I will NOT call the CO to check me out, etc, because I don't think I should have to just because there are a bunch of busy bodies out there willing to make up a story and spread it, etc.

You are right it is ridiculous that people will start rumors, and we shouldn't have to prove it with all sorts of documentation, calling your CO, or whatever. But I can't stop people from spreading rumors, joining PETA, being liberals, or whatever idiotic thing you can do these days. But I could definitely cut down on the slander and rumors by doing everything in my power to document a legal harvest.

I'd just do what I always do, drive over to the landowner's house, drink one of his beer, take him out to help me load it...people could make up whatever they want..they do anyways.

Top Bottom