Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All black bow? or Camo?

IowaChiro

Ok, so I have a Z7 in lost camo. Love the bow, did well at some 3d shoots with it, however, I am gonna be a shop shooter for Athens, and looking at their new Afflixtion bow. I have a choice between black with carbon dipped limbs or all predator deception 3d. I'm keeping my mathews and can hunt with either bow, so do I get the new bow in black for hunting out of a blind, or do I go with the predator 3d? Has anyone ever been busted in a ground blind because a deer or turkey saw their bow? How about getting busted from a tree with an all black bow? I'm thinking it would be better to go all black for hunting out of a blind....but damn..the predator deception 3d looks good.

If deer notice an all black bow we have smarter deer than I give them credit for. My bow is black with red n white strings, they don't see it unless I'm moving.

I don't think a deer is gonna notice black VS camo imo. I always go with camo though. If you're ever going to sell it to a hunter, a camo bow will be easier to sell BUT I don't think your decision is going to make a whole lot of difference in any regard.

See if they will send you a bow with a dipped riser and black limbs
Yes..I can get black limbs and camo riser or I can reverse it with camo limbs and a black riser...I'm leaning towards all black for hunting out of a blind...I just think that if I had the new predator 3d camo, it may create more buzz at the range for this guy's shop.

Bow is blacked out with RED and White accessories. Don't think a deer has ever seen my bow. The blacked out bows are pretty sweet.

Kratz

I ended up ordering the Afflixtion in the new Predator Deception 3D, sight will match, as will stab....in the end, I just felt like it would create more interest for the guys shop, and it does look pretty sweet. When I get it I'll post pics if you are interested...but it'll be several weeks since Athens is getting swamped with orders for the Afflixtion..I'm excited...but will probably be second guessing myself when I am sitting in a ground blind.....I feel like a woman when it comes to making decisions like this.....NTTAWT

Ha ha. I remember thinking the same thing and went with black but to be honest-movement will trump anything else. They see the lower wavelengths of light better than the higher (ie red being tougher to see than blue), but honestly, in a blind or tree, a guy who doesnt move with a camo bow, will fool turkey/deer alot more than the careless hunter with a black bow.

That being said...I love black bows but Im sure yours looks great!

:way:

:D
Ok, so I have a Z7 in lost camo. Love the bow, did well at some 3d shoots with it, however, I am gonna be a shop shooter for Athens, and looking at their new Afflixtion bow. I have a choice between black with carbon dipped limbs or all predator deception 3d. I'm keeping my mathews and can hunt with either bow, so do I get the new bow in black for hunting out of a blind, or do I go with the predator 3d? Has anyone ever been busted in a ground blind because a deer or turkey saw their bow? How about getting busted from a tree with an all black bow? I'm thinking it would be better to go all black for hunting out of a blind....but damn..the predator deception 3d looks good.

I love this debate!! Can tell your a young man!!!:D Years ago many would have killed for a camo bow!! Now they are wanting black!!!! Kinda like the need for camo arrows!! :D:D Your killing me!!!!!!!!:thrwrck:

OK...so expand on this arguement a bit. If your bow can be all black...why cant your boots,hands,head,legs.arms...ect...ect....?
I agree...movement is the key. If you spend so much on one the things to be camou...why not all? Whats more important?

Top Bottom