Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

allamakee county

No, Packers fans live there. :p

Yes, it's a very good county for deer. Easily one of the top 5 in the state I would say.

If I lived and hunted there, I would lie and tell you no. :) However, I'm nowhere near Allamakee, so yes....I'll be honest, it's one of the better counties for killing big deer in the entire state.

I have the option to lease a piece of ground along the Yellow River I believe it is with corn alfalfa and woods to spare

You here so much about the southern counties yet from my understanding this part of Iowa is prob as good if noot better, do thhe same issues with locals driving every piece of brush exist?

sure just dont come west a countie :) great land by river in bluffs especially. and like buck fever said them damn packer fans:)

Last edited:
I'm there quite a bit. I won't hunt shotgun there, too many people. And to be honest , bow season is almost at that point. Not sure where on the yellow you are looking, but you will probably not be too far from others....on the bright side, it is by far hands down the most beautiful part of Iowa you will find. Which is why I bought there...if I shoot a deer it's just an added plus.

:way:! I was born there(Not Their Fault!) Most people don't wanna deal with the hills!! Brother they have hills!!!:D:D They also have big timber and............Big deer!!!! It's a wonderfull place! Hunting , fishing! :way::way::way:

YEP!!! That's the place to go!!! Can't believe anyone would consider hunting around Des Moines & thankfully more folks realize the giants are in NE IOWA! :) It's good.

:way:! I was born there(Not Their Fault!) Most people don't wanna deal with the hills!! Brother they have hills!!!:D:D They also have big timber and............Big deer!!!! It's a wonderfull place! Hunting , fishing! :way::way::way:

I love the hills, grew up in WV and moved here from Ohio, the NE part of the state reminds me of SE Ohio

The landscape is very beautiful up there. But can be punishing for those that are out of shape! I come up to do some trout fishing every fall. Never hunted it though.

YEP!!! That's the place to go!!! Can't believe anyone would consider hunting around Des Moines & thankfully more folks realize the giants are in NE IOWA! :) It's good.

Nice try Skip. :rolleyes:

I never seen a giant in NE Iowa this year. You still have the majority of

the bigguns down there. :way:

You here so much about the southern counties yet from my understanding this part of Iowa is prob as good if noot better, do thhe same issues with locals driving every piece of brush exist?

Yes it does happen. Usually they just road hunt, shoot them on the hills,

watch them roll down and put the deer in the back of the truck.

Seen it happen many times.

Had a group try to push mine this year until I shot my gun in the air a couple of times to warn them I was there.

I think during shotgun hunting though this happens everywhere?

Yes it does happen. Usually they just road hunt, shoot them on the hills,

watch them roll down and put the deer in the back of the truck.

Seen it happen many times.

Had a group try to push mine this year until I shot my gun in the air a couple of times to warn them I was there.

I think during shotgun hunting though this happens everywhere?

Probably a good thing u cant see the property from the rd,, river on south and landloocked other than right away...

Probably a good thing u cant see the property from the rd,, river on south and landloocked other than right away...

If it indeed is you are correct. You just asked how the locals

Compared to other areas in Iowa and I was giving you a honest

Idea of what happens up in the hills.

Sounds like you have a nice place to look into. :way:

Top Bottom