Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

alpha burley boot sizing

andyhunts

I have heard such great things about these boots from you guys so I ordered a pair of 800 gram alpha burleys. I got them a size bigger than I normally wear and they still seem a bit snug. I was wondering if you guys have had the same problem. I am thinking of going two sizes bigger so there is plenty of room for heavy socks.What do you guys think?

I followed the sizing recommendations on the box and am very happy with the fit I have. I believe it recommended rounding down if you wore 1/2 sizes. To big is no good with anything in my opinion. Great boots

I went 2 sizes larger. I thought the same thing (fit snug 1 size larger) Mine work great with a couple pairs of socks. They are a little sloppy in the early season with a lightweight sock. Circulation is key when trying to avoid getting cold feet. If you ordered the 800's you are thinking more of a late season boot anyway.....I say go 2 sizes.

Interesting. I have a pair of the 800 gram LaCrosse Alpha Burly ATS boots, and before I ordered them, I called up the guy who ran the shop to see how the sizes usually tended to run. He told me that LaCrosse boots tend to run big, so don't order any larger than your shoe size. I wear a size 12, so I ordered a size 12 and they are plenty roomy. Wouldn't have wanted them any bigger, that's for sure. Maybe it's just the ATS line. Hard to say. Anway, that was my experience. Of course, I'm only wearing one pair of socks inside as well. If my feet start to get cold, I just put on the boot blankets.

I have a pair of the Alpha Burly Sports, and really like them. However, I got the 1000 gram and wear a quality liner sock, plus the Merino wool treestand sock - and my feet still get cold. More specifically, my big toes get cold. Must be a circulation thing, or a past frostbite problem, but even on 15 degree days, I struggle with that. With that said, these are the warmest and most comfortable boots I have had. I bought them large enough that I can fit in a second pair of socks. Hopefully, that takes care of the problem.

I guess after re-reading the original post I should clarify. I am talking
AlphaBurly® Sport 18" as far as the boots I own and the size runs small to me.

I have the 1200 gram alpha burlys and I had to go 2 sizes smaller
blush.gif
I wear size 14 shoes, but I had to go with size 12 boots, I can wear a light pair and heavy pair of socks and still move my toes
grin.gif

From what I'm reading here, it sounds like it would be a real smart idea to try a pair of these on before making the purchase!!!
busted.gif

Top Bottom