Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ames area

muddy

My sister is considering a job move to Ames, need some really quick information on where the good/bad areas are to live. Any other additional information would be phenomenal. Thanks.

Well if she is a calm quiet living type of person, stay clear of any and all apartments and duplexes, they are full of rowdy college kids

Muddster, North side of town is great. Not only becuase I live there but there are some great neighborhoods and it is away from all of the college life. This is where a lot of the newest development is. Its also very clean in more ways than one. If she is into small towns, I would give Huxley a look. That was almost where I ended up. I will sell her my place. Marlene and all. Just call me if you need specifics.

gundog870 said:
Muddster, North side of town is great. Not only becuase I live there but there are some great neighborhoods and it is away from all of the college life. This is where a lot of the newest development is. Its also very clean in more ways than one. If she is into small towns, I would give Huxley a look. That was almost where I ended up. I will sell her my place. Marlene and all. Just call me if you need specifics.

Everything he said other then the fact I don't live there. All that being said I would look into the small towns around Ames.

I just graduated from ISU in December. If you want to live in town the NE side by the lake is a good area, or south of 30 on the SE side. Avoid the campus area if you want quiet and pretty much all apartments unless you like noise and the smell of oriental food.

North side of town is what I liked as well if I were to live there. There are some areas on the SE side of town I would live in as well. Some nice neighborhoods.

I would probably just move to Huxley just South of town. I always liked that town too. Probably because I worked for the city 2 years and knew it pretty well and there was a lot of nice folks.

Muddy, our farm is in between Nevada and Colo. About a 15 min drive to Ames. There are some nice homes along the Indian creek/Hickory grove area. Nice country feel while being a close drive to town.

Sister-in-law and her family have lived in Story City for close to 20 years...great small town Iowa community and just 11 mi. to the north of Ames. We just returned from a weekend down there, and it really is small town feel with great people, lots of nearby services, etc.

Top Bottom