Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ammunition Prices

sofakingfast_1

I dont know if this is old news or not but, i was at Farm King after work and theres a sign posted on the front door that says, attention, all firearm ammunition will be almost tripling in january. We recommend you to stock up now while the prices are still reasonable. The guy who owns this farm king is a real big hunter so he must not be too happy either. Are they doing it because of some kind of new tax or what?

When I was at Cabelas this fall they said there is a shortage of components due to the war.

That has some truth as far as 223 stuff, but little else has been affected by the war.. I did see where Winchester got a big contract for 223 for the military.. Hopefully it is not so big as to deplete their resources on the rest of their stuff. As far as prices, copper and lead prices have been through the roof, driving ammo prices up. Hopefully the next year will see that coming back down

Both my parents are supervisors at Black Hills ammunition. I havnt paid for ammo for years. BHA is building a new factory so this time next year their production will almost triple.

I think the real cause for the price increase, is that China is buying the $... out of all heavy metals. They are eating up any resources they can right now. I read that somewhere and it made sense!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GOLD TIP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the real cause for the price increase, is that China is buying the $... out of all heavy metals. They are eating up any resources they can right now. I read that somewhere and it made sense! </div></div>

yeah pretty sure you are right, China is killing us with buying up all the metal, steel, copper, Aluminum all are through the roof right now. Have a buddy that works for a company that makes a lot of aluminum presses and they have to keep a security guy watching the scrap yard at all time because it was getting ripped off so much. Hopefully, this is not a continuing trend but I am afraid it is.

kratz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkratz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GOLD TIP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the real cause for the price increase, is that China is buying the $... out of all heavy metals. They are eating up any resources they can right now. I read that somewhere and it made sense! </div></div>

yeah pretty sure you are right, China is killing us with buying up all the metal, steel, copper, Aluminum all are through the roof right now. Have a buddy that works for a company that makes a lot of aluminum presses and they have to keep a security guy watching the scrap yard at all time because it was getting ripped off so much. Hopefully, this is not a continuing trend but I am afraid it is.

kratz </div></div>I don't see metal prices coming down anytime soon.I manage a warehouse for a fastener distributor and at the first of the year prices are going up 10% and had already have had an increase atleast twice during the year.We were locked into a price till the end of the year and tried to order as much as finances would allow but because of a tariff (sp) overseas we could only get two containers delivered. The same has been happening to any products that contain or use petroleum.

Top Bottom