Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

An Alternative Choice for Hunters and Rural Iowans

Are small rural schools consolidating in IA? I feel like that's unfortunately necessary. Taxes on my ag land are roughly $70/ac and getting higher by the year. And the small local public school does not rate very highly. We pulled our four young kids out to homeschool them. My wife has a masters degree and we sacrifice the money she could earn so that she can stay home to classically educate our kids. Public education is a huge discussion and there's plenty of blame to go around. My sister teaches K-5 and made over 103K last year. She's pushed hard by the union to vote and support the democrats.

Last edited:
Not to mention the ridiculous curriculum pushed by the National Education Association (NEA) and Department of Education. Unfortunately the bulk of all education has been infiltrated by the left to control the message centers ie education, media and so on. Private school and home schooling options are competing because public education is a joke right now. Kudos to Governor Reynolds.

Are small rural schools consolidating in IA? I feel like that's unfortunately necessary. Taxes on my ag land are roughly $70/ac and getting higher by the year. And the small local public school does not rate very highly. We pulled our four young kids out to homeschool them. My wife has a masters degree and we sacrifice the money she could earn so that she can stay home to classically educate our kids. Public education is a huge discussion and there's plenty of blame to go around. My sister teaches K-5 and made over 103K last year. She's pushed hard by the union to vote and support the democrats.
The financial sacrifices made in order to homeschool are many! My wife has zero concept of money, but she made a good deal of it before we endeavored into homeschooling. Financial budgeting is consistently on my mind, and I'm constantly moving pieces around to make things work. I've told our kids that we will try to help with college or other things, if we can, but not to count on it because we will have already sacrificed Millions in income from homeschooling them for the past 18 years. And frankly, we all think college is overpriced and overrated anyway...

Your sister made over $103k as a K-5 public school teacher?! WTF?! I always hear how poor teachers don't make any money.

Top Bottom