Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anhydrous and deer?

camo658

What effects does it have on the deer?

I'm planning to sit in an area(near a field) that has just been treated with Anhydrous. I'm just wondering if I should forgo my plans to sit in this spot tomorrow. This area has been known to hold a crazy amount of deer.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

I don't know anything. But I'm sure you'll still see deer if its known to have a lot. Then you can report back and let us know.

I doubt it would have much of an effect but have no past history to tell you so. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Well, I decided not to go out to that paticular spot this morning. But I'm debating about going out this afternoon or a little before.

What do you guys think? I've heard conflicting opinions on this topic (not here but from what i've heard elsewhere).

I'm worried that the smell will keep deer out of the area and also, for myself, getting sick from it.

No offense, but I think you are looking into it way to much. Working on a farm, usually its not that bad after its done. When it is getting put in, yes, terrible smell. I would be there if thats where the deer are... I hunt next to a gas main valve station, and let me tell you how bad that smells, and the deer are crawling in there all the time... so get out there and good luck!

I'd leave a field sit for 24 hours. After that it's game on. That's just so I don't have to smell it. Deer could care less.

No offense, but I think you are looking into it way to much. Working on a farm, usually its not that bad after its done. When it is getting put in, yes, terrible smell. I would be there if thats where the deer are... I hunt next to a gas main valve station, and let me tell you how bad that smells, and the deer are crawling in there all the time... so get out there and good luck!

Agreed. Get out and hunt so you know for future reference. If it's not good, now you know. But I would think the deer would be fine with it and if it were me I would be out there. I think you'll kick yourself for not giving it a shot at least one night.

Top Bottom