Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another level...

Daver, I also heard of places broken into west of you. The DB's stole guns and other valuables and threw them into the Des Moines river near Ottumwa. I was informed the guns have been passed down for several generations, lot's of sentimental value. I'm not sure if it was the same DB's. The farmer who told me this, had his place burglarized. He thought the guys were originally from Douds, then moved to Ottumwa. It seems as though there are more and more DB's popping up everywhere. :mad:

I had guns taken from my cabin...my grandpa's he gave to me. Completely my fault for thinking something like that could be save in your own cabin I guess. Not to steal from davers thread...but all this $hit is ridiculous. Steal something and toss it in the river?!? Wtf is wrong with people

Daver, I also heard of places broken into west of you. The DB's stole guns and other valuables and threw them into the Des Moines river near Ottumwa. I was informed the guns have been passed down for several generations, lot's of sentimental value. I'm not sure if it was the same DB's. The farmer who told me this, had his place burglarized. He thought the guys were originally from Douds, then moved to Ottumwa. It seems as though there are more and more DB's popping up everywhere. :mad:

Unfortunately, there are at least a couple of "groups" in that general area that have been involved in nefarious activities like that. I will say that the towns, and surrounding areas, of Douds, Selma, Eldon and Ottumwa are where some of these folks live now, or have lived in the past. Some have moved back and forth a time or two as well. So there could be a connection.

I would encourage anyone that has had any thefts, etc, in the past 18 months in these areas to contact the Davis County or Van Buren County Sheriff department. The residence of the person arrested the other day was searched Tuesday and there were a variety of items present that shall we say, raised suspicion. The investigation is ongoing...:D

Here's a clinker...I found out today that the dude that was arrested the other day had been employed by two fellow neighbors to mow their yards, etc. Short story...he didn't go too far from where he was very familiar. Now, looking back, the only two places around us that didn't get robbed in the past 18 months...you guessed it, the two places where he was working. Crap, I feel like I missed a clue there! BTW, he got fired from those jobs today.

Top Bottom