Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anti-Hunting Movie:

loneranger

I am seeing adds for that kid's movie, that makes hunters out to be slobs, and the animals get even. We heard about it last yr, remember? Bad thing is, the previews are,, kind of funny. Yet the anti-hunter message is clear, with more indoctrination for the youth.

I have seen the previews also. I am kind of torn because I thought it was funny myself but there is definately undertones that are less than charming. But it is hollyweird... I guess I don't let things bother me that I can't control. I will watch it with my kids and explain the difference in what daddy does and what the clowns on the cartoon do...
grin.gif

Open Season I believe. I am debating weather to take my daughter to it or not. She wants to see it, but does not understand what it represents.

My 3 year old loves Bambi, but I know he doesn't understand it because he also tells daddy to "bring home a buck for the wall".
laugh.gif

I saw the preview too, I'd likely see it. It looks funny, but I'd also like to point out the untruths to anybody who may be persuaded by the film.

My 21 month old daughter has been intruduced to the movie Bambi in the past few weeks. But I've already got her pointing at the tv and making a shotgun sound when she sees the bucks coming into the meadow.
cool.gif

Shon

I will definatley see it with my kids. I think it looks funny as well. I know my kids and there is no way that a cartoon movie is going to change there views about hunting.

i grew up watching bugs bunny. elmer fudd always came out to be the fool, and i wasn't turned into a peta freak. i think i'll take my 3 year old nephew to it, he loves to watch the hunting shows with me.

speaking of elmer.....kinda reminds me of superturd

I will not have a problem taking the kids to this. I think they know the difference between tv and real life. My daughters are 4 and 6. One time we were watching bambi, and the part where bambi jumps from the one cliff to the other and gets shot in mid air. My daughter yells out, "that was a great shot dad, did you see that!" Man was I proud.

Top Bottom