Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antler growth thoughts?

shrek1

PMA Member
It seems to me that the bucks are a little bigger than average this year.From the 1 1/2year olds to the mature bucks So does a wet year with lots of greener, higher protein, better tasting forage produce bigger than average racks compaired to a dry year?

It seems to me that the bucks are a little bigger than average this year.From the 1 1/2year olds to the mature bucks So does a wet year with lots of greener, higher protein, better tasting forage produce bigger than average racks compaired to a dry year?

I've heard that wet years will have better forage and thus bigger racks. I also think that the cooler weather has the bucks on their feet eating more. When it is brutal hot, I think they lay around a lot more: better forage, more foraging and less heat stress. I'm hoping this contributes to better antler growth this year.

We also had a large acorn crop in the state last year. I think this lets the deer fatten up more going into the rut plus there were still acorns in the woods for the deer to dig all winter.

Top Bottom