Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antler Lamp

treft133

This is the first antler lamp that I have made, and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. You can be honest it won't bother me. I am hoping to start making a few more projects like this. But for now these are the sheds before I started the lamp. It is a main frame 8 with some stickers, that I found 2 years ago.
Thanks, Scott

Sorry let me try that again. Here are the sheds.
6172IMG_0976.JPG

That looks pretty darn nice. I can't be sure, though - could you put another one together, and let me try it at my house for a year or two?

It looks awesome to me! I've been wanting to get into that as well...I have a slight idea of how to do it, but how do you drill out the antler to run the cord? Yours looks great!

Thanks guys, in order to hide the wire you have to drill very CAREFULLY!!! I got a long 12 inch drill bit and basically you have to drill starting from the bottom antler and zig zag your way through if that makes since. You drill all through hoping the bit comes out underneath so you don't have to much repair work on the top side where you could visually see it, but that is very hard. You can't rush into or you will screw it up. You have to think about how you want it to look before you start drilling any holes at all. And once you start it is probably going to be really hard to change your mind. Thanks for thoughts and I am looking to make a couple more but, if anyone knows some one who wants to buy one let me know, I can work out a deal I am sure.
Thanks,
Scott

That looks great Scott!
waytogo.gif

I would just have a really hard time drilling into one of my sheds at this point!
grin.gif

Well gersdorf I will definatly have to see about actually selling one to a cyclones fan but I'll think about it. I have a few sets left which make the lamp look better, but I can put a few more together and see how they look and get back to you guys. Thanks everyone for your input and yes I am looking to sell these, but I am not sure what a decent and fair price to sell them at. If you ahve any input please let me know.
Thanks,
Scott

[ QUOTE ]
Don't ya just love the smell of the smoke that comes from antlers being drilled?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's right up there with singeing chickens!
grin.gif

Nice lookin' lamp, though.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom