Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any Daylight Pics?

Need help please.. I will not be back in the woods until 10/31 and was hoping that when you start seeing some shooter deer moving during daylight you can report or post pics. We are running 4 cams 2 on food plots and 2 on scrapes. Four of us hunted 3 days and only one ( not me ) of us saw a doe. We did have over 1200 pics on cam 80% at night and no daylight pics of the 3 shooters + 1 new 10pt in the past two weeks? I hope it is just October?
BTW. lots of new scraping over the weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Can't really help much as its really property specific. I have mature deer moving during daylight on some properties and not on others. Pressure and size are the main factors. The end all be all will be hunting Nov 5-10th.

I have 9 cameras over 3 properties in different counties and I'm getting multiple daytime pics of doe- and young bucks. 100% of shooter bucks are nocturnal these past few weeks. Will recheck them next Saturday AM

I haven't checked the majority of my cams in almost a month......

Inventory was taken, figure the rut will bring out the day walkers around the end of the month.

Thanks guys. I am seeing more dead deer on the roads. Seen two nice bucks hit over night on my way to work in the metro this week. Had a doe with two fawns outside my office window on Friday.
Your field updates are great and appreciated.

Hunted this morning in SEMN and checked cams, which were allmoved to scrapes about a week ago. Young bucks and odes during the day and mature deer 100% in the dark. Most between 9pm and 3am. Temps will be dropping from Tuesday through the weekend. You will see some daytime movement id bet soon...
good luck

This cold snap will change everything. Lots of guys seeing 3 yr olds chasing this weekend. A buddy even had a 160+ fly by him tonight chasing a doe. And a friend rattled in a 5yr old this morning on one of the farms I hunt. This week should be great.

Good mature buck movement in daylight in the right spots. I avoid putting cams on bigger field edge scrapes. Waste of time IMO for mature bucks during daylight. Look for scrapes on say hidey ole openings/plots or scrapes next to good security cover and you should get some daylight pics there.

Already getting them in daylight and it is only going to get better. Pics are all at night on my mineral sites that are more out in the open.

Nothing mature checking foodplots in daylight so far. One that really isn't on the radar is showing up right around 8pm. Huge body, just not the biggest rack. Still might take if able.

Other than that, just starting to see new rubs and scrapes. Last night on my rye plot little bucks were pushing does.

Next week temps get better just wish the south winds would go away!!! Halloween looks great but have family obligations!

This cold snap will change everything. Lots of guys seeing 3 yr olds chasing this weekend. A buddy even had a 160+ fly by him tonight chasing a doe. And a friend rattled in a 5yr old this morning on one of the farms I hunt. This week should be great.

You are right on buddy. This cold front is going to be the beginning of better hunting. All of my mature buck pictures from the last couple weeks were during the night, except one big 8, and he's been a daywalker since I found him.

Good luck guys and girls. Our favorite time of year is just about here!

Have 6 cams on 450 acre property, checked them last night and it is picking up day by day like it does in late october. We have 3 bucks that are 5.5 or older and they all have shown daylight movement for the first time all year. It all began around tuesday, one of the bucks has been historically nocturnal, he is 7.5 and i got my first two daylight pics of him ever wed and thurs night checking things out, so everything is on schedule here in SE Iowa!

Top Bottom