Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any good ideas for elk hunting boots?

Bowhunt

I am about ready to mail the MT elk tag in and wondered what would be a good elk hunting boot. We are going the first week of october if we get drawn, and plan on doing lots of hiking.

By far the best hunting boot for walking I've ever owned, Danner Elk Hunters. Available only through Cabela's.

get a good pair of rockies, i swear by rockies or irish seeters are good too. rockie boot makes a model that does have a ton of insulation in them and they are the most comfortable walking boot ever price, around 100 bucks.

mike

danner pronghorns are the best boot i've ever owned. i've had rocky's and i've also had the danner elk hunter style. the pronghorns are so light that they remind me of waterproof tennis shoes. i would wear them to scheels rather than tennis shoes because they were much more comfy. depending on insulation they ranged from $120-$150 or so. best boot i've owned...hands down.

when i went elk hunting, i bought a used pair of rocky bear claws out of cabelas bargain bin and loved them. bought them used and wore them for the next four hunting seasons, they were a great boot for the money too

I am in complete agreement with Muddy, I own two pairs of Danner Pronghorns one with 400g thinsulate and one with 800g thinsulate. They are the best boots I've ever owned. The 800 are more than comfortable on cold days in the stand here in Iowa. If you are walking they are light and comfortable. You can't go wrong with them in my opinion.

beerchug.gif

Daner's hands down the best boots i have ever owned. i actually have 1000 grams since i hunted the high country in Montana as well as the sub zero freezer of Minnesota

I have Danners too and they have beenout in the MT mountains twice now. Great boots you wont regret it........

Top Bottom