Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any opinions on the Artic Cat 650?

Blue Ribbon 1

Just bought one and think I got a good deal. It is a 06 model brand new. 4x4 w/ an auto tranny. just wondered if any one has had any experience with one.

Only thing I know about them is that they're too damn big to fit in my truck box, had to go with the 400.
grin.gif

Very happy with it.

Saskguy- do you have the auto trans or do they make it in a manual?

I have a 500 auto I bought used and have been really happy with it but wonder if I'm stressing the transmission when I am pulling something heavy (even in lo range). Sometimes I ride the kids Yamaha 80 with a manual and it seems like for hard work that might be a better transmission.

I have a coworker that swears up and down by his 650. According to him you cant EVER beat it in anything.
smirk.gif

Have a buddy that has an 06 500 with the auto tranny. I took it out right after he bought it. I compared it to my Polaris 500HO.
Power = Equal,
Speed = Equal,
Fuel Consumtpion = Better,
Suspension = Stiffer but more travel
Handling = Seemed top heavy(may have been suspension setup,
Seat = Softer,
Accessories = NICE! They make a portable deer stand carrier that works real nice, hold 3 stands firmly and securely.

He had trouble with tires, He had 3 tires go flat for various reasons, I had been with on almost all of his outings and didnt have any troubles. He put a set of 26' 589s on it and hasnt had any troubles.

IMO, ATVs are like bows - Personal opinion rules your taste.

Dean

Well I bought a brand new 650 on a online auction for $4000 bucks. Not too bad huh? I picked it up tonight from the dealership and it is a beast. I already love it. It will be perfect for planting food plots.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

My neighbor bought the 650 with a dump bed and I test drove it around his farm. I thought it was a very nice machine, lots of power. My only complaints were noise (650 single cylinder is going to be loud) and we both thought the steering was hard, at least compared to my Sportsman. Still nice though, and he paid alot more than $4K.
waytogo.gif

I believe you are referring to the prowler.

I would love to have one too.
However 10K is a little much for me right now.

[ QUOTE ]
Saskguy- do you have the auto trans or do they make it in a manual?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's manual. I haven't really worked it that hard. Pushed a pile of snow wit it and have hauled about 30 cords worth of logs and it seems good.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you are referring to the prowler.

I would love to have one too.
However 10K is a little much for me right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

His was just a standard ATV, but with a small dump bed (instead of a rear rack). I think he said it was between $6K-$7K?

Top Bottom