Any scrapes yet?

I've heard not to piss on scrapes and then again I've heard to piss on scrapes. Whats everyones thought/experiences?

Let 'er rip, tater chip. The scrapes I saw Saturday were mighty dry...but I freshened a couple of them and I can virtually guarantee you that they will be the first to revisited by the bucks in the area.

I take a leak in as many as my my bladder will allow. I've started mock scrapes with nothing other than a good looking overhanging branch and having the urge to go. I can't say that I've ever had a bad reaction.
I try to only get as close as needed and never touch the licking branch.

I try to only get as close as needed and never touch the licking branch.

Oh the comments that could be made about this. Extremists might take along a lengthy piece of pvc pipe with them to further the distance. :D

I peed in the two mock scrapes I've made this year. Should have a camera on them, but you can only put them so many places. Cleared a good sized area of grass down to dirt (probably could have gone larger), so should at least see tracks or scrape marks from a deer.

I've heard not to piss on scrapes and then again I've heard to piss on scrapes. Whats everyones thought/experiences?

I pee in every one I can. The bucks go crazy and usually work them the same evening. Just remember to turn away from the camera while doing this.

Back