Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody Know who this is ?

THEBAD

The story is we spoke to the land owner and the farmer who rents it. They both said we are the only ones with permission to be deer hunting on this property. So all of sudden last weekend a new stands show up and pictures of this "gentleman" . This is in the corning Iowa area. Thanks for your help !

331CDY_0650-med.JPG

Any chance he may be looking for a lost dog? Appears to be a choke chain around his arm/shoulder area? Just a thought...

So what would you do, we have called the game warden and left a couple of messages...were thinking of pulling the stand and leaving the guy a note to contact us.

Tough situation...I would go talk with the landowner and the farmer just to make double sure that you're the only ones with permission. You wouldn't want to go take down some other guys treestand if they do indeed have the permission. If you still have the sole permission, I would ask the landowner how he would like you to handle it. Nothing worse than pissing off a landowner that you've potentially worked hard to gain a relationship with...

Let us know how it goes...

I found a couple stands, and I just post a laminated note that says, Leased property, you have X amount of time to remove your property from this land. If you do not, the stand will be removed. You can reach me at X

That is what my attorney suggested. Put it somewhere, where they have to see it and thumbtack it in! Also, i take a picture to prove there is no way it could blow away. If you go back and the note is gone, then take the stand down!

Mike,
I have had this happen as well. Just ask the landowner if he minds if you take down the stand. Then leave a note to contact you about it. Or, if the landowner would rather handle it. Put his/her name on the note.

[ QUOTE ]
Just ask the landowner if he minds if you take down the stand. Then leave a note to contact you about it. Or, if the landowner would rather handle it. Put his/her name on the note.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea to me.

As for the guy, he doesn't appear to be married (no ring) and the dog collar is the oldest trick in the book. At least he's wearing orange so he doesn't get shot.

BAD, hope you can fix this up before the area is covered in human scent.

BIGFOOT!!!

that sucks though! i agree with these guys take it down and hang a note...sounds more non-confrontational, which is generally best

There is a group of coyote hunters in the Corning area that run/train dogs year around. They use radio tracking devices on the dogs and occasionaaly have to go in and pull them off a coyote that is holed up.

PM the pic to trapperpat, he lives in the Corning area.

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,
I have had this happen as well. Just ask the landowner if he minds if you take down the stand. Then leave a note to contact you about it. Or, if the landowner would rather handle it. Put his/her name on the note.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There is a group of coyote hunters in the Corning area that run/train dogs year around. They use radio tracking devices on the dogs and occasionaaly have to go in and pull them off a coyote that is holed up.

PM the pic to trapperpat, he lives in the Corning area.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the law about running dogs on private land which you don't have permission?

[ QUOTE ]

What is the law about running dogs on private land which you don't have permission?

[/ QUOTE ]

The law stinks, IMO. We have a guy who cruises the gravel road right after a fresh snow, looking for fresh tracks to turn his hounds loose on. As long as he doesn't set foot on the ground, it is legal. He can go on (unarmed) to retrieve his hounds, I think. What frosted me is there have been days I wanted to go hunting, but he and his dogs have already busted through my property. I told him he and his dogs weren't welcome on my property. I think I got my point across.

I would talk to the owner about it to start with. But I would take the stand and leave a name and number on a note. That way you can make sure the guy doesnt just take it down and leave; that you really get your point across.

As always try to be polite; which I know can be REALLY tough in a situation like this.

Dean

Most rural areas have a local paper or shopper that comes out weekly, so why don't you have his picture printed in said paper with whatever info included that you want and see what becomes of it. This tactic has worked for me in the past and will hopefully work for you.

Top Bottom