Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone ever hear of Bovine Virus Diarrhea Virus in wild deer

I noticed it last weekend also. And the neighbor had trail cam pics of crappy rear ends. i thought maybe it was because we have lots of food plot corn still available which is rare. Also some of the corn had some flooding issues and has some mold on it.
But if it is widespread must be something else.

We see this quite often in MN. Last year plenty of it, but I only found one dead deer on my farms up here, so usually not a big deal.

I noticed it last weekend also. And the neighbor had trail cam pics of crappy rear ends. i thought maybe it was because we have lots of food plot corn still available which is rare. Also some of the corn had some flooding issues and has some mold on it.
But if it is widespread must be something else.

I forgot to tell ya, I headed down to your place last Sunday after I saw you at Pheasant Fest. I figured it had been a couple of years since I had donated to the nitrogen levels on your ground. Looks like the EPA let you take down the "toxic waste dump" signs from the last time I donated. Or was that the Nuclear Regulatory Commision that made you put up signage? I wonder what the half life of my donations are?

I forgot to tell ya, I headed down to your place last Sunday after I saw you at Pheasant Fest. I figured it had been a couple of years since I had donated to the nitrogen levels on your ground. Looks like the EPA let you take down the "toxic waste dump" signs from the last time I donated. Or was that the Nuclear Regulatory Commision that made you put up signage? I wonder what the half life of my donations are?

From the smell around that blind it must live forever.

From the smell around that blind it must live forever.

The gift that keeps on giving, Bonkershite.

There is a similar toxic waste dump up in Clayton County. TR wanted to rub my nose in it to try and train me not to do it again. I'm much bigger and burlier than he is so instead of having a tussle he just made me put my turkey blind next to that spot two years in a row. I now have incredible sphincter control and no sense of smell.

There are lots of causes of diarrhea, but BVD would be the last on the list of suspects. I'm guessing it is ordinary indigestion caused by either a change in diet or a diet too rich in certain nutrients, I.e. straight corn or soybeans. In cattle this would be called nutritional scours and can also be induced by ingesting too much of a micronutrient like salt.

Top Bottom