Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

anyone ever used a heater in their blind?

Kerosene or LP I would think wild smell to much. Anyone got a tip because my nephew wants t come along and he is 5 and I know he will be cold.

I have not used one, but if I were going to, I would use propane. LP or kerosene would smell too much IMO.

Hunting with young boys I found my hunting hours were cut short without a heater in the blind. :) I bought a propane Buddy Heater and it works great to keep hands & toes warm on a cold sit. Just like any stand or blind location I try to position myself with the wind in my face and a natural back drop that keeps deer from approaching from the down wind side. :way:

Hunting with young boys I found my hunting hours were cut short without a heater in the blind. :) I bought a propane Buddy Heater and it works great to keep hands & toes warm on a cold sit. Just like any stand or blind location I try to position myself with the wind in my face and a natural back drop that keeps deer from approaching from the down wind side. :way:

Buddy heaters work great for the young ones and the old. Just like Skully said watch the wind direction on your set up and you'll be fine.

I use propane heaters all the time during late ML. My son started tagging along with me at the ripe old age of 4, and without the heater the mama would've never allowed it :D

NWBuck

Ive been using the 1 pound tanks with a heater head the last couple years in blinds. Its pretty much a necessity most novembers up here EH. Especially if you want to last more than a couple hours. Never had a deer spook from it but i play the wind and i try to keep the blinds closed up pretty good though too.

Top Bottom