Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone hunting mornings?

BDAHMS

Be here Now
I know evenings are much better this time of year and I myself haven't been out for a single morning sit- but is anyone sitting at sunrise and have you see any movement?? I have had trail cameras with around 150LBs of corn in front of each one out for a week or so- itching to get out and check the cards on them and verify the movement myself- assuming I have pictures of deer and not just the usual squirrels and turkeys enjoying the free meal:)

I'm headed out in the morning tomorrow and probably again Wednesday morning. Get there early. If possible I try to sit close to bedding areas and try to catch the deer on their way back to bed. the only morning I've sat so far this late season was last Tuesday. I missed a coyote and saw 7 or 8 deer (which isn't bad for my area) but I was in the wrong location. The deer didn't move until almost 8.

I still like the mornings, you just need to be hunting a place you can get out of quietly. Sitting on the bedding area and blowing everything out when you leave the stand would be a pretty big blow to what's left of the season. On the other hand, setting up on the feeding area before sunrise could spook deer and have the same effect.

A transition area where you can set up without spooking feeding deer and won't generally have them bedding within 100 yards...tough to find just the right morning stand this time of year, but it can be fun!

Yep, been taking advantage of this awesome December weather! :D

344a6hu.jpg

I have just one spot worth hunting in the am now...and it's a timber spot along a travel route back to a bedding area. If you haven't seen 'em by 9:00 am it's time to go for a drive and head home.

NWBuck

Yes, I hunted every morning last week. You have to catch them from feeding to their bedding areas. I sat till about 9:30-9:45 every morning with the majority of the movement at 8:00-8:30 these were all does and dinks. Havent seen a mature buck in the morning but havent seen one in the evenings either! Must have a good travel pattern for them.

Top Bottom