Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone see this crazy big wolf

Which of the 2 guys pictured is 5' 4"?

I'm thinking it is as big as it looks...

The family of a student in my class lost a cow to wolves a couple weeks ago.....her dad missed with a shot he took at them.

The weight and size of the Gray Wolf can vary greatly worldwide, and tend to increase proportionally with latitude. Generally speaking, height varies from 0.6–0.9 meters (26–34 inches) at the shoulder, and weight from 32–62 kilograms (70–135 pounds), which together make Gray Wolves the largest of all wild canids.[4] Although rarely encountered, extreme specimens of more than 77 kg (170 lb) have been recorded in Alaska and Canada;[5] the heaviest wild wolf on record, which was killed in Alaska in 1939, was 80 kg (175 lb).[6] There are some unconfirmed reports of wolves hunted in North Eastern Russia reaching weights of 100 kg. (220 lb).[7] The smallest wolves come from the Arabian Wolf subspecies, the females of which may weigh as little as 10 kg (22 lb) at maturity. Females in a given population typically weigh about 20% less than their male counterparts.[8] Wolves can measure anywhere from 1.3–2 meters (4.5–6.5 feet) from nose to the tip of the tail, which itself accounts for approximately one quarter of overall body length.[9] .

I just read about this hunt in some hunting magazine I got and it had this picture. If I remember correctly, the guy was bear hunting with his buddy when the wolf came in. Pretty cool.

I seen this several times and I haven't seen unequivocal documentation, yet.

Extraordinary claims... you know the rest

Remember Hogzilla and that ilk. The web is a liar's delight.

How about world record whitetails every year?

It has to documented properly and even then it may have issues. I don't envy Boone and Crockett's job these days with all the means to lie and fake stuff.

A case in point.

Differing stories for suspect motives.

Last edited:
The Michigan buck is ligit and now on a lifesize mount. I have not heard an official score yet though.

I wouldn't want to see that with a weapon and a good distance between us. lol.

5' 4" or not....that thing is still a huge dog!!!!

There was a picture in Frontier Outfitting of a guy with a wolf he shot and it was just as big. Things are massive and that would freaking me out walking to your stand and walk up on one in the dark!

That is not real, I dont know I just have a tough time believing thats real.

It's real. You can find the story about killing it, from the guy himself in an issue of Canada's Big Buck magazine. he shot it at a bear bait. I guess I can understand why you cannot believe it is real as you have never likely laid eyes on a Canadian Wolf.

Top Bottom