Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone try a TrailMac digital yet?

F

fgruetzmacher@msn.com

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the new trailMac digital trail cam . It comes with the new d 390 Olympus....... I am going to buy one here in the next few days and was thinking between that one and the Penn's woods in Cabelas cat.

Any help here will be deeply appreaciated.

Thanx , Gritty

Not sure I have heard some good things about them. The Penns woods is the same camera you can make yourself. That system is made by a homebrewer. www.pixcontroller.com

Personally, if your gonna buy, id buy from the most reputable company out their. In my mind that has to be camtrakker. They use a 390 now also and have a slave flash for better night shots.

I have a friend from DE (were the trailmac is made) pick 2 digitals up.He sells al
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
ot of cams on ebay under the name Antlernwings.They seems very slow in both the recharge and coming out of sleep mode.He strapped a trailmac dig and the 35 mm to the same tree it was clear your going to miss allot of pic's with the dig.I do not know anything about any of the other digitals out there.....Joe

Gritty, I just purchased the new Cam Trakker digital and have a few nice pics on it so far. I can only view them on the camera so far due to a computer downloading issue so I am not sure of the quality. I have a couple turkey pictures that the camera picked the birds up a long way off so I am impressed so far. T$

VMAN, I am using a USB cord directly to the computer. I was on the Olympus help line for two hours and 4 tiers of support this past friday. The first issue was getting my computer to find the camera which has been resolved. Now the issue is the computer won't transfer any images. It tries and shows the bar going back and forth like it is working but it will do this forever and no images transfer. I am not sure if Olympus knows what they're talking about but they said my computer needs a USB store file. Any help would be appreciated. Later T$

I have a photo quality printer, hp????. It has a slot where i can put my smart media card into. This wway i dont have to pull the camera to dl the pics, i just have a couple cards and swap them and bateries.
As far as your troulbles, what kind of PC do you have? You may just need to update your usd drivers.

Thanx alot Guys for the info. I've been looking at building the one from Pixcontroller.com,,,, Is it pretty tough to do this new digital model, has anyone here built one with their controller???? Has anyone heard of camera melt down from use outside the design... On trailsenseengineering.com they talk of camera burn down from exceeding the limits from modification for game cam use?

Has anyone had a home brewed digital burn down?

I have a 2002 TMAC digital and have been extremely happy with it. The new TMAC's have a new feature where it takes pictures at about the speed of a regular film model, I had my 2002 model retro-fitted with that option. It cuts the battery down from 3 months to three weeks, but it works well. I hate to use a film cam anymore, you get spoiled seeing the pics instantly. Not to mention it will hold 250 pics with a 128 MB card, depending on the image settings.

Top Bottom