Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arbor Day Foundation Trees?

KSQ2

PMA Member
Has anyone ever planted their fruit trees? What kind of condition did the trees arrive in? Thanks...

It's been a long time since I ordered trees from the Arbor Day Foundation. I remember thinking that the trees were really small when they arrived. I had good success with them growing and they were cheap.

I got their 10 for $10 flowering trees package earlier this year. It was pretty pathetic. :mad:

It had 5 varieties in the package. They sent out the package quite late IMO - arrived in late June for some reason. For every variety there was one that has some ok root mass and one that was the tiniest twig I'd ever seen called a tree. I planted them all properly, kept them well watered, and installed cages around all. As of right now I have 5 trees and 5 dead twigs.

Overall, the bulk tree packages I ordered from ebay were 10x better than the "Arbor Day" trees. I have no interest in ordering from that organization again.

I've ordered 50+ of their fruit trees in the past and have been favorably impressed with them. Not the biggest trees but they are priced right and they've done very well for me.

Top Bottom