Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Archery shops?

Doeregulator

Im getting a new string put on my bow and i have called around on prices to 3 different archery shops, archery field and sports - 150. Sportsmans warehouse - 50. Bass pro - 50 bucks. Now my question is which shop would be best to go to? I dont really see spending 150 bucks when the other 2 shops will do the same thing for 50 bucks so whats your guys opinions and experiences. Thanks for any input.

Sportsmans has always treated me well. But Archery Field and sports is far and away the best archery shop in Des Moines.

Boyd Buckhollow in Pella or Erv at Archery Field and Sports. Both guys are great and Boyd sponsors this site!

Make sure you know what string you are getting. that can make the difference. Nothing against a lower end string, but they may not be quoting you apples for apples.

sportsmans, bass pro, scheels, are NOT archery shops. they are stores with an archery counter. i would go to a true archery shop, where their employees live archery (usually, the "employee" is the owner). i don't want little jimmy, with a couple hours of training, working on my bow.

most shops well put them on for free, if u buy them i know sportsmans does this, and if you really need little jimmy to put ur string on he must be smarter than you:way:, or u just really need a press. I really like winners choice but for the price vapor trails are nice, and dont expect to get it done that day, cause the majority of places will have to order, so when you do decide where just call ahead and order ur string through where your getting it.

Depends on where you live. If you live anywhere around Agency I would go to Whitetail Archery. Otherwise Archery Field in Sports is the way to go. They do great and it is a BOW shop. Not a box store that sells bows and while you are there you can pick up your daughters soccer shoes also. They will work with you and take the time to tune it until it is just right after it is re-strung.

bowfisher01 said:
most shops well put them on for free, if u buy them i know sportsmans does this, and if you really need little jimmy to put ur string on he must be smarter than you:way:, or u just really need a press. I really like winners choice but for the price vapor trails are nice, and dont expect to get it done that day, cause the majority of places will have to order, so when you do decide where just call ahead and order ur string through where your getting it.

I have only been bow hunting for 2 years and if i had a press and knew how to do it i would, but with being a "noob" as some would say to bowhunting i dont want to mess up my bow or slice my face off. But thank everyone for there input, my buddy knows irv at archery field and sports pretty well so i will go there.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
sportsmans, bass pro, scheels, are NOT archery shops. they are stores with an archery counter. i would go to a true archery shop, where their employees live archery (usually, the "employee" is the owner). i don't want little jimmy, with a couple hours of training, working on my bow.

This makes me laugh. True for the most part but not 100% of the time. I worked at Bass Pro And Sportsmans in the past. I have worked on bows for 8 years. I bet I have restrung over 500 bows. Thanks tho.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Got out of the Retail world. I have a family and need to make more money. I do restoration work thru Mid American Energy. Going to get a X Press this summer and do my own stuff for myself and friends.

didn't mean to offend the people like jesserichard, that work in those stores and actually DO know their stuff. virtually every one of those stores have a few people that know what they are doing. my point was......how do you know who you are handing your bow to?

go to a shop.

buckhollow is a great one

Im sure it is but im not gonna drive all the way to pella to get the work done, im just gonna drop it off with archery field and sports

i drive right through pleasant hill to buck hollow every time. going to make another trip after the classic. i drive past many shops along the way. always well worth the trip

Top Bottom