Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

are any of you trappers

We trap on the Little Sioux River. Didn't have a bad year but nothing to brag about. River was pretty low so alot of the critters were pulling out and getting away. Just not enough water for a drown set. Better luck tis year...

my step dad has been trapping since he was eight and i started trapping when i was six (now 15). He takes off two weeks of work in november to hunt in the morning then check traps then go back out hunting. We had a pretty good season this year. We didnt have very many traps out as we usually do but we got 183 coon 3 beaver 2 mink 50 muskrat 5 fox 1 coyote 3 badger, and a ton of possum. This year was my personal best, i got 15 coon, 3 muskrats, 1 badger 9(first ever), and first ever coyote. i even caught my biggest coon ever 37 pounds. All in all it was a very fun season. it would make it a little more fun if the prices went up, but i'm not complaining.
16 point do you go to any of the conventions? We went to the national this year in Mason City and it was a blast.

buckwheat

How were the fur prices this year?Dependeing on who I talked to they sounded like they varied a lot but I never got any definiate answers.What were coon, muskrat, mink, etc going for?Im going to an auction with about 100 traps for sale today and was just wondering if it would be worthwhile to bid on them.I used to do some trapping but got out of it, now the kids are big enough I got a little more free time again.

coon we averaged about about $8. 15 dollar tops muskrat 1.50 mink $6 coyote $2 fox $12 And possum a whopping 50 cents.

Long time trapper here. 2002 will be my 30th consecutive season! Made a good living trapping for a few good years, but now it's back to being a hobby again.

Top Bottom