Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

are they done?

Elitebowhunter

are they about done growing? The pictures I have been getting appear that they are about done for the year. There is no more "gobs" on top of the tines now

Erick, remember that buck I told you about in June? He seriously was done growing if you want to believe me or not. I say some bucks are done some have a long ways. Just depends. I don't think all of them are done growing yet and I know I've had smaller bucks that are done but some of the bigger guys still have a few inches to put on.

Most of the bucks I've been seeing or getting pictures of still have some growing left to do

Depends when they shed. Each deer is at a different stage of growth based on when those antlers dropped. Seen bucks close to tipped out to bucks with balls of tine still. Id say sept 1 has been safe bet

In years past, lot of growing left to do. heck, based on my history & experience, I didn't put my cams out til this weekend. In 2-3 weeks I think I'll have a good grasp of potential.

I talked to a guy today that thinks he has a couple of pics of two different bucks that are out of velvet already. I guess anything is possible, maybe they still haven't shed yet! :)

I think antler growth will be down this year, mainly due to the insane early heat, and the lack of water/rain in alot of places.

They will grow until about the first week of August. Shedding velvet the first week of September.

Generally a bucks antlers will grow until the end of July, after that they begin to harden for most of the month of August and start shedding the end of August, early September. There's always exceptions to every rule though.......Shed already, very doubtfull?

I'm guessing majority have some growing left but I don't think antler growth will be down. It will be as normal as other years. Those deer will find water when they want it. They will be fine

Top Bottom