Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Are they starting?

SWBUCKHNTR

Hey just wondering for all you guys down in southern Iowa if the turkeys had started gobbling and getting ready yet? I know it is two weeks away but spring is my busy time and if they are getting fired up already then I am heading down there early. Thanks for any help.

Had one gobbling here near my house on Saturday morning in NE Iowa. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I also have a buddy that hauls fuel and he told me that he saw two strutters this morning, still in large groups.

Co-worker said he spotted 2 strutting yesterday along the interstate. I'm seeing more field activity in general, haven't seen any strutting yet.

Over the weekend the landowner said the entire valley behind his house was lit up last week while he did morning chores.

Of course, this morning they'll have to shake off a few inches of heavy wet snow before they can start their spring ritual...

NWBuck

I did last night... Put six of them to bed and they were vocal at 7:00 at night. Both hens and toms... Nebraska started this past tuesday with archery /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom