Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrow wraps

boneil

Just got some new arrows today. Have always thought about putting on wraps but have never done it before. Are they worth the time? I know there are times I have looked for my arrow and thought having a wrap on it might make it easier to find.

Do you just attach the wraps and then attach the vanes over the top of them? Just looking for some guidance. Thanks.

you put the wrap on and the fletchings over top. there mainly for looks, but also add wieght if wanted, make it a bit easier to see when shooting and when flopping around in a deer as they run off, also a bit of a guide to no how much penatration you get when hitting an animal. personaly I use them only because I think fletchings hold better to them than to a carbon shaft.

Boneil - Super easy. Below are arrows I wrapped, fletched earlier in the fall. This was my first attempt at wrapping. I purchased the wraps from onestringer.com.

arrows09-1.jpg

arrows09-2.jpg

arrows09-3.jpg

Use a soft computer mouse pad or something when attaching the wraps. Then fletch over them. They look nice but it sucks to refletch. Gotta start all over.

Mountaineer arrow wraps...

Seriously? :eek:

:grin:

All kidding aside, I really like arrow wraps. Makes it easier to find the arrows as well as makes them look better IMO.

Most add 6-10grains I believe and also add more spine to your arrow. You may need to add weight to your tip to get them to fly ok. Or maybe you wont have any trouble at all. I have a friend who shoots them and they fly ok, but when he adds lumenocks its to much tail weight and they wont fly worth a crap.

Most add 6-10grains I believe and also add more spine to your arrow. You may need to add weight to your tip to get them to fly ok. Or maybe you wont have any trouble at all. I have a friend who shoots them and they fly ok, but when he adds lumenocks its to much tail weight and they wont fly worth a crap.

I've never had any issue with arrow flight due to arrow wraps or lumenocks being put on. In my opinion if you're getting screwy arrow flight it's not from wraps or nocks so much as the bow needing some tuning.

Those Hawk wraps are too pretty to get bloody. :way:

I have been using the Iowawhitetail.com wraps for a couple years now. I like them for the visability, and noticed no change at all in my arrow flight with them or tacer nocks. I like to use the mostly white wraps for the added visibility.

I paid a small preium and put refective wraps on my arrows used with my recurve. Next time I need to wrap my go fast arrows they will get the same refective wraps. These are way easy to find in the dark. Very cool when they glow for you.

I paid a small preium and put refective wraps on my arrows used with my recurve. Next time I need to wrap my go fast arrows they will get the same refective wraps. These are way easy to find in the dark. Very cool when they glow for you.

Great idea.....

I put them on because they looked kinda cool... They're mostly white and with my white fletchings they are very visible, especially when bloody ;)

That is a great idea.

I too just got reflective wraps this year, they work excellent! If you go on ebay there is a member by the name of MuzzyHunter who has some very reasonable pricing. PM me if you are interested in his email address and I can shoot it to you.

Top Bottom