Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Avidhunter's 2005 Spring Gobbler

avidhunter

First Day Success
5/4/2005

<ul type="square">
[*]ToD: 4:32pm
[*]Weight: 22 lbs. 7 oz.
[*]Beard: 11 1/16 in.
[*]Spurs: 1 in.
[*]Gun: 835 Mossberg
[*]Ammo: Hevi-Shot No. 5 - "Don't leave home without it"
[*]Preferred Calls: H.S. "The Freak", "The Black Widow"
[/list]

7522005spr01.JPG

Funny that earlier that morning I had commented to Blake on how nice it would be to fill a tag the first day, out of 5, dedicated to hunting the clever and fickle toms of South West Iowa.

Whereas the success of last years bird could be attributed to mad skills sharpened and honed over having eaten 4 seasons of tag soup (remember - I started by forgetting my tag and shells, and had to drive back to town to get my head screwed on straight
grin.gif
), my 2005 gobbler was truly a challenge to my patience and perseverance in the field.

I spent the better part of 2 hours negotiating and setting the stage for our sultry encounter. Dumped him in full gobble at 40 yds..

My goodness, you took the head right off that one
shocked.gif
... congratulations on a nice bird!!!
-Longspurs-

Here's another pic, showing head intact
grin.gif

7522005spr02.JPG

...note to self, a shotgun blast at 4:30 in the woods, is the best alarm clock for a tired old hunter
busted.gif
busted.gif
busted.gif

[ QUOTE ]
a shotgun blast at 4:30 in the woods, is the best alarm clock for a tired old hunter

[/ QUOTE ]

Well heck I only laid down for a couple of minutes at 2:30.........the next thing I know a shotgun is blasting at 4;30, I must have missed something!
smirk.gif

Congrats on your turkey Josh.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom