Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Awesome Day!!

Liv4Rut

Today was one of the best days I have had turkey hunting. My buddy and I tagged out with 2 birds a piece in about 3 hours of hunting.

The morning started off with quite a few gobbles all over. There appeared to be a group fairly close but appeared to be heading the opposite way once they hit the ground. We had two hens up in a tree on the field edge that I eventually got fired up. As soon as she started cutting like crazy the gobblers started heading towards her. When they hit the ground it was not long and 3 tail fans came up over the hill after them. It seemed like forever but they finally made their way into the decoys where I shot one with a bow. As soon as I shot I grabbed my gun and dumped another one. My buddy missed one. The bird I shot with a bow took flight at the gun shot but piled up after about 50 yards.

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp0tlmH9tqI&feature=youtu.be

About 15 minutes later I look out the blind and a lone gobbler is strutting on the timber line. I called a few times and he appeared to be fairly timid taking his time slowly working his way to us. He finally committed. Notice the dead bird in the background.

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvGzi9h9SkY&feature=youtu.be

We packed up and went home for awhile and took a nap and decided to try another farm we never have hunted before. It was not long and there was hen was out in the field. Next came a farmer driving through the neighboring property. They went up over the hill and vanished. Awhile longer a gobbler came out about a 1000 yards away however he was heading our way. Then 4 guys popped over the hill spooking him.

After they left about a half hour later I looked behind us and a bird was strutting our way. He was coming very slow as all he could see was my hen decoy. When he was about 75 yards he then saw my jake and came running right in. This was a neat bird with almost white tips.

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkalAGHtExg&feature=youtu.be

Here are a few pictures.

My birds.
982-b.jpg

Scott's first bird of the morning.
982-c.jpg

A photo of all 3.
982-_94734.jpg

Neat pic of first birds gobbling.
982-f.png

scott's 2nd bird. Photo is grainy due to shooting through net.
982-d.jpg

Photo of 2nd bird.
982-e.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats again guys! Videos are awesome, but maybe should get a tripod for the camera.;). They are some nice looking birds!

Thanks Guys! It was an unexpected day and felt great to get out. Definitely a day to remember.

Great day they have been hang up on us like crazy. The red head box is much better than the 360. I cut my rod way down.

Mobile Cooter

Great day they have been hang up on us like crazy. The red head box is much better than the 360. I cut my rod way down.

Mobile Cooter

Cooter I cut mine way down too but that morning I could not find it for the life of me. I had to improvise in the dark and i ended up using a leg from my bowstand that was way too tall and slipped too much.

The good news I did find my good stake by the blind when we were done. I need to put reflective tape on it.

Top Bottom