Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Awol's Back- Picked Him Up From Reinertson Taxidermy

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
I got the phone call a few days back that we all love to receive.....when your mount is done and ready to be picked up from your taxidermist.

Brian Reinertson did a great job as always, and I am beyond happy with the work he did on Awol (story/video here), my 2012 late muzzleloader kill. Brian is truly an elite taxidermist, and the pictures below prove that;
PICT1066.jpg

PICT0258.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

Here is a photo of Awol (Reinertson 2012) next to Full House (Meder 2011); As you can see, Brian's work hangs with the best in the country. Notice the difference in form size between Awol and Full House? Awol was one of the smallest bodied whitetails I had ever killed- His neck barely measured over 18inches....he had a baby face!
IMG_0026.jpg

More pics;
IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Last edited:
You have another beautiful mount Chris! Awol is very symmetrical.

Also, is Awol on a straight pose? Which company made that form and what model?

Also, is Awol on a straight pose? Which company made that form and what model?

Yes he is. I was always a bit concerned to try a pose like that, as some of the ones I've seen before don't have much 'life' to them. Brian explained to me though that he would put a little movement into the eyes and ears......also, the form has a very very slight offset as it comes out of the wall.

Brian will have to tell you all the form (he's a member on this site). I don't remember what it was? I do know that it was a southern U.S. company though,.....which worked well for Awol considering how small his body was.

He went on the Gene Smith action sneak form from H Q taxidermy out of N Carolina. Gene and Meder have the most accurate whitetails on the market. Awol would have been 4 inches or better if he was taken during the rut, but he was awful run down by January.

Looks fantastic! Heck of a buck. I can totally see the life in the eyes and ears. Makes a ton of difference.

Top Bottom