Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

B&C from Sdakota

oh2b

A friend of mine shot this deer on sunday. He said it is the first deer that had ground growth. He thought he was shooting a 160s class buck. It grosses 184 and will net around 175"

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

thats a great buck! Is that a west river buck? If so, I dint realize they grew that kind of headgear on the plains.

Actually it is a east river deer. Harvested by Huron. This year there has been some monster deer shot in west river though. Im not sure of any B&C class bucks though. The Black Hills are putting out some bigguns as well. 1 hills archery kill grosses 180 and nets over 170. There was a non-typ (deer I was hunting) that was shot by the landowner. That deer grossed 192. He has 7 non typical points over 6 inches long. Im still working on getting pics of him. I got a feeling SD is going to start prodducing more big bucks.

James

Thats an awesome deer...

Oh2b, you should round up some of these slobs and bring them over to the SD Sportsmans Classic in March! There has been some HOGS shot in SD this year! I've seen at least 1/2 dozen that will go B&C. I've got pictures of some of them but don't have permission to post them. Herd about a buck over here by Sioux Falls that supposedly goes well over 180" as a typical and have pics of another that would have gone over 180" had he not broken off his G3 on one side.

One of my friends that hunts real close to me shot a 140" 8pt friday night with his bow, a 155+" 9pt saturday morning with his rifle, then shot a 150+" 13 pt sunday with his bow with his reservation tag.

Well, guess he posted the pics on another forum - so here is the pic of the guy that shot the three deer in three days. These were all from the Flandreau area, in Moody County - far east South Dakota.

aaa.jpg

hmmm sounds like someone might want to buy some land in sd. the hell with iowa....

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm sounds like someone might want to buy some land in sd. the hell with iowa....

[/ QUOTE ]

I live right on the Big Sioux bordering SD and Id have to pay a lot more to purchase SD ground than IA ground in my area. The highest Ive heard of for SD timber ground in my area was around 8000 an acre. Im sure the farther away from Sioux Falls you get the land would become more reasonable.

I think more and more people are figuring out that deer dont know what state they live in. Good management practices can grow big bucks in any of the midwwest states, and probably anywhere in the US.

There is a lot of good bucks in SD, it's just too bad that there are a lot of idiots that shoot anything anywhere from their trucks without permission, so many bucks never make it that far. I have arrowed a couple of P&Y bucks the last two years out of sw beadle co. Shoot more does!

nowheels... I hear ya, we have a BIG problem with that in Moody County. People shooting from trucks.

I will fill my anydeer tag with a doe if I don't find a buck I like, too bad more people don't think that way.

Top Bottom