Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

B&C's response to King Buck

I throw my opinion in the bunch...

All three of the aforementioned bucks have common-bases, and all three are non-typicals. It is clear those tines are not clean. Those are the facts as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, I wouldn't give a rats ass as to what B&C says about it. It isn't as if the buck doesn't have antlers anymore.... he's still a giant. They've been scoring them like that for years, so why all the whining? Net-typical is just a number for a book. I don't know anyone who sets out to shoot the next world record. To each their own I guess.

Just my 2 cents.

How did this get derailed from the King buck to the scoring system in general?

Personally after scoring a few hundred heads, the system "is fair" what tends to be the problem is people disagreeing with the ruling, generally due to vested interests.

Believe me the owner/hunter has more to gain with a higher score than any measurer has by making a ruling.

According to B&C it has nothing to do with common base. They already said it passed the figure 8 test. They are saying that it is not a matching tine to the other side. They are simply calling it an irregular tine. No position of common base or not coming off the top of the main beam. Simply irregular, non-matching. All of this information is easily obtainable by simply reading the B&C articles pertaining to this deer.

Sorry as i hadnt read enough about the scoring particulars! My bad just sad that scoring a buck has to be so darn hard. Doug

Top Bottom