Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

B-Mobile/Pretty Boy Users.........................

Steve-O

World Member
what are you using for your hen decoy? I know some of you said that the decoy that came with the pretty boy isnt up to somes standards.

Thanks
Steve

I know a few of us are using a buckwing upright hen like below.

446IMG_0015-med.JPG

The new pretty girl actually looks pretty good I think. The pretty girl I got last year with my pretty boy was nasty looking, the head and the body were the same color, that is why I didn't like it. If you bought one this year though, and it has good coloration in the head, I would use it.
smile.gif

I have witnessed three birds killed over B-mobile this year and all have done is add a bobbin head feeding hen near by and not worry about the receptive hen decoy.

i have personally witnessed several birds killed over Pretty Boy/Girl this year and i think how the hen looks is irrevelant. the gobblers are not looking at her, its him they are after. this weekend, however, i plan on leaving PB at home.....my wife is going to be hunting and i want her to kill a bird, any bearded bird will work, so i dont want to run any of them off....

I have been using the pretty girl and a buckwing bobble head hen. We've had three toms come into that setup and we have taken all three.

Same here, I shot my bird this year over a B-mobile and bobble head hen feeding 3 yards from B-mobile. Ol' Tom seen B-mobile and came running to him to fight. I shot him before the first punch was thrown.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have witnessed three birds killed over B-mobile this year and all have done is add a bobbin head feeding hen near by and not worry about the receptive hen decoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the same setup I've been using and I haven't drawn a bird in bow range of it yet.
crazy.gif
grin.gif

Right bird...right day, is what a guy really needs.

Re: B-Mobile/Pretty Boy Users.....................

As stated, the old "pretty girl" is different than the "pretty girl" this year.

The new "pretty girl" that comes with the "pretty boy" this year looks great.

As stated, the gobbler's attention is usually on the "Pretty Boy" when he comes in.

I can't say enough about the effectivness of a full strutt gobbler decoy...
waytogo.gif

6 bird have came running in for this set up. 3 are no more!
grin.gif

446IMG_0012-med.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
.....my wife is going to be hunting and i want her to kill a bird, any bearded bird will work, so i dont want to run any of them off....

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds more like you don't want her to shoot a bigger bird than you did
grin.gif

I know that THA4 mentioned this in his harvest post, but we also attached some fishing line to the head of the pretty boy so that we could get him to spin. I think the added movement gave more realism to the set up.

Teeroy...she will shoot a bigger bird
bawling.gif

I called jakes into the pretty boy also, and smaller two year old birds.

i almost broke down and bought a pretty boy a few weeks ago, but i thought if the gobblers are allowing other gobblers to hang around and strut along side of them, are they going to charge in to kick the ass of this decoy? so i put it off. i'm about ready to go back to sportsmans and get one. by the way, sportsmans and scheels were out of buckwing hens

My issue was not so much with the paint job. The damn thing is loud. I put some good stuff insulation to quiet her down a little. But, I am still using "ugly betty the buckwing". Yesterday just had three bobbin heads and the Pretty boy and it worked very well...
grin.gif

ouch guys....
but it is true, whenever i take her hunting, she does better than me....
heck
when ever i take anybody hunting they shoot bigger stuff than me.....
isnt that right Jonny?????

Size doesn't matter, right Thomas?

That's what she said...

Correction: I took you hunting...
busted.gif

whatever it was......
grin.gif

you meant what i knew..

What sticks are you guys using to keep that hen upright? Or other tricks to keep her from tipping over on her side
grin.gif

Top Bottom