Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Back At It

Must_Hunt

PMA Member
I just had knee surgery Weds. and have been in bed since and cannot stand it. I have a muzzleloader tag burning a whole in my pocket. And what makes it worse I am seeing all these posts about all the sheds being found.....I cannot stand it. So tomorrow afternoon TwoBeards and I are going to go try and make something happen. My wife isn't exactly thrilled with the idea but she knows it is no use. Isn't it amazing what these whitetails do to us.

I know there are others out there too who have went hunting when they shouldn't have been out there. What an awesome sport I just can't seem to get enough!!!!!!!

Boy must be rough getting waited on hand and foot one night then hunting the next. Jody should make you sit on the back porch and just watch that back field.
grin.gif

LOL

I had ankle surgery today for a bone spur and have been thinking about how I am going to get my boys or some volunteer(only the best need apply
grin.gif
) to get me in to a ground blind in killing range of the new TC.

I have had both of my knees done in the last couple of years and I will say you can over do it but you would be amazed at how far you can push yourself. I ran a garden tiller over about ½ acre spot that my farmer chemically treated but missed planting. Because it was mid August between to finger and in standing corn the timing, the method and the need where clear.
grin.gif
The trouble was it had only been three days since I had my right knee scoped. It would have been a hard job with out the knee because of the heat but when the job was done the tiller had to stay because I didn't have enough left to get it loaded. I will say the oats where a great draw until very late in the year but I wouldn't make the same choice again. I say find reasonable limits and stay within them.

Now go kill one post your success for an encouragement for anyone who is thinking they may kill one from the couch.
busted.gif
busted.gif

I hear you on this one. I was stuck in the house for several weeks with pneumonia, was absolutely killing me not to be in the woods. First week of muzzy roled around and on that first Weds. I had enough and went hunting, paid for it that night but enjoyed it every second while I was out there. I had the pleasure of taking a nice buck last night and got to test the lungs out on a mile and half drag, but am feeling much better the last 4 days. It is so great to be back out in the woods.

Kratz

Yes Kratz I saw pictures of your buck congrats. They told me to stay off it for 48 hours and then it was basically up to me and how much pain I could stand. You probably felt a lot worse than I will, and my post was not meant to solicit any pity. My point is how much this sport is in our blood, that we will overcome many things (many things worse than my knee) in order to be in the chase for those whitetails.

B.J. you are more than welcome to join us this afternoon unless you are going with Mike to the refuge!!!!! Just kidding, that was a terrific buck he took on Monday. Call me later today and good luck to everyone the rest of the season.

I have to laugh at the main point of your post Must_Hunt. What whitetails do to a guy is sometimes unexplainable. My wife can pick it out a mile away now. I apparently have this look about me that says...how can I possibly squeeze in a hunt. lol Maybe it's jumping online and checking the weather and wind reports 5 different times throughout the weekend and just going out on the deck to "see what it's like outside". Even walking out from my stand after a hunt, the wheels are starting to turn on how and when I can get back out. My wife is learning though. Instead of putting up a fight, she just says....GO! What a girl!! LOL

[ QUOTE ]
she just says....GO! What a girl!!

[/ QUOTE ] 99% of the other halves learn after time to just let us go instead of grumbling
grin.gif

My second year of muzzleloader hunting I had a hernia operation on Dec 18. I could barely walk but I went out at the end of the season. All I could do was sit on the ground and pray a deer fell in my lap. I never even got a shot off but there was no way I wasn't going to go out.

Top Bottom