Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Back in the Saddle

BW

Well folks, I'm a little rusty on this skill, but I have to make a new string for my old longbow. They just last too long. I skated through this season with a couple bad strands on my lower nock. Today I blew the dust off my jig and I'm off. I can feel the aching in my hands already :(.

New%20String%20Begin.jpg

Yuck!
I am not going that trad for sure! Just way to easy to buy one. Have fun with that BW! Good to see you posting again! Take Care.:way:

I am not going that trad for sure!
That's why you still use wheels:D

BW, I hear ya on the fingers hurting. It's good time spent though. For an hours work with a cup of coffee a good long lasting string can be made.:way:

So far so good

First nock loop done, I've done better but it will work once it is twisted good and trimmed up. Now to the other end. ;)

First%20Nock%20Loop.jpg

A string jig is one of my Winter projects this year. I've been following along with some information on newer string designs that I'd like to try. Apparently there are some pretty good performance gains to be had with the newer types of no stretch materials and strand layups.

Just like riding a bike

My least favorite part is over. Now for the final stretching and twisting. Here is where I find out if my ends are twisted the right directions.

I have had to redo them before when they were out of phase. :(

Both%20Ends%20Done.jpg

On the Home Stretch

A couple days of stretching on the bow and some good heated waxings and she will be ready to serve and shoot. A little rusty on the process, but it should last as long as the old one. :way:

Home%20Stretch.jpg

Top Bottom