Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Backpack sprayers

TimberPig

I am looking for a decent backpack sprayer for spot spraying around trees and also for use during controlled burns. Northern Tool has this one SP sprayer on sale. Looks pretty decent for the money.
Any opinions on backpack sprayers?

I have a Solo brand BP sprayer basically like that one. Those things are the best thing since peanut butter!
waytogo.gif
That's a pretty good price assuming shipping isn't to much. I think I bought mine at Lowe's for $100 give or take. I've had it for years and used and abused it. Sprayed around a bzillion trees and even done some small food plots and used for fire control on burns.

I have a solo and love it. One note, be careful not to cross thread the big cap on top. It is now impossible for me to get a good seal on my lid. Atleast I never have to worry about weeds growing on my back but that damn tumor is starting to itch!

[ QUOTE ]
Atleast I never have to worry about weeds growing on my back but that damn tumor is starting to itch!

[/ QUOTE ]
doah.gif
LOL!

Sounds good. Shipping was only $11, cant even drive the Exon ValDodge to Des Moines for that much.
This is not a solo but looks to be a reputable brand. My only concern was the pump was not rebuildable. However, the cheapest Solo was $30 more (not on sale) and a rebuild kit was another $20 if needed. Rebuilding the Solo would only make it $30 cheaper than two of these so I suppose its a small gamble. Either way it sure looks to beat the stop-pump-spray-refill game I play with my dinky canister sprayer.
And backpack sprayers get bonus points for the "Robo-Weedkiller" look.
2guns.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
I Agree
This is something I could really use. It would work great for spraying around my trees where I can't get with the mower. It says it can spray wettable powders with the optional kit. Does this mean herbicides like Oust? I use Oust around my trees most generally because of the luck I've had with the weeds not coming back. The Oust is a little granual that disolves in the water, I've never had a problem with it in the hand sprayer.

I dont see why it would'nt work with Oust. I have used Princep which is also a dry granual. I just mixed it with water in a 5 gal bucket with a paint mixer and poured it in my sprayer. No problems.

The Wife is going to D.M. this Sunday so I'm sending her to Norther Tool to see if they have any in stock, the web site says they are backordered.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
I Agree
This is something I could really use. It would work great for spraying around my trees where I can't get with the mower. It says it can spray wettable powders with the optional kit. Does this mean herbicides like Oust? I use Oust around my trees most generally because of the luck I've had with the weeds not coming back. The Oust is a little granual that disolves in the water, I've never had a problem with it in the hand sprayer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Once you use a backpack sprayer,you'll wonder how you ever got along with out one!
Where do you buy the Oust in granules? All I have seen is a gallon of liquid for $600-700 bucks!
bigshock.gif

Top Bottom