Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bad weather

tall@wide

PMA Member
Did anyone get hit by the recent hail and tornadoes? I saw Appanoose and maybe Davis got hit with a tornado yesterday. Madison and Warren had big hail?

I got smoked by hail yesterday driving home. Madison co.

Ironically I got a letter the day prior from insurance company that they would not be renewing my policy (home/farm/auto) due to severe weather patterns.

....and I've never had a claim with said company. Found it very ironic.

Ironically I got a letter the day prior from insurance company that they would not be renewing my policy (home/farm/auto) due to severe weather patterns.

What company is that by chance. I’m debating whether or not to file a claim for my house but I’m afraid they’ll cancel. I’ve never had an home claim either but I’m hearing a lot of stories like yours. My premium has doubled with the last 2 renewals.

Ouch

I switched over to a new insurance company from State Farm, and they seem to be solid. Plus, the agent is an outdoorsman. If anyone wants his # to compare rates PM me.

What company is that by chance. I’m debating whether or not to file a claim for my house but I’m afraid they’ll cancel. I’ve never had an home claim either but I’m hearing a lot of stories like yours. My premium has doubled with the last 2 renewals.
I recommend not calling the insurance company first. If you have a contractor you trust I would call them and see if it’s worth filing a claim. I would not call a “hail contractor/salesman” he will always say you have damage.

I use to work for the evil empires for many years and there is no reason to call them first, you have 365 days from DOL (date of loss/storm). Even if you do have damage up there I would wait until next march to files a claim. If we get hit with another storm this summer then you are on the hook for two deductibles.

I’ve watched good honest people get screwed everyday by these insurance companies because people didn’t know any better. Anyways that’s my two cents.

Isn’t it amazing- you can pay your bills on time for years and never use it and have them do that. Or better yet, you actually use it and then your rates go up. But yet- you “have” to have it.

Top Bottom