Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Badger

BDAHMS

Be here Now
Thought this was cool picture- the coon didn't come down from the tree for awhile even after the badger left

12065520_902353075804_5523657744798288336_n.jpg

Only thing that would have made it better if it would have been during daylight. That's an awesome pic!

Are you going to try to trap it?

Not trying to hijack ya but I have seen a couple around our farm and I'd like to trap one of them but I've only ever trapped coyote. Any help?

Not trying to hijack ya but I have seen a couple around our farm and I'd like to trap one of them but I've only ever trapped coyote. Any help?

My trapping history consists of a few mice on sticky pads growing up- I am not going to trap him- I have a couple friends that trap and if they turn down trapping him someone is more than welcome to have a go at him- this place has quote a coyote population as well. I also saw a huge den over the last few years with a huge dirt area dug out- maybe that's the badger and not yotes???

FWIW, badgers are TOUGH critters! If you are not an experienced trapper, please read up on the proper sized traps, etc, for badger before making a go of it. If you have a live caught badger, no matter the size of the trap, expect a hole, nay, make that an EXCAVATION when you arrive on the scene. :D

Humorous badger trapping story...I had a snare set on an opening into a run down shed on my property. I have caught the usual suspects there in times past, coons, skunks and possums...but one day I had something different. (I could tell right away, since the side of the shed looked like someone tried to blow it up with a 1/4 stick of dynamite! :D)

It was quite cold and there was snow on the ground when I went to investigate further. Well, well...I had snared a badger! He was dead in the snare and frozen solid as a rock AND since he had halfway torn up the place...it took me several minutes to disentangle him and put some of the boards back on the shed, etc.

I took him out of the snare and set him, still frozen in a very menacing pose, about 10 feet behind me as I then went to work on repairing the damage, etc. After about 10 minutes, I judged my repairs to be good enough for now and turned to walk back to the cabin...when I suddenly spotted something scared the beejeebers out of myself! I had turned and walked right towards the frozen badger and startled myself when I almost stepped into him.

Top Bottom