Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Badlands 2200 vs. Badlands Superday

deerhunter93

I know the badlands have been debated and everything before but I just can't decide what I want.
I went to sportsmans tonight to check out the badlands 2200 pack. It is pretty darn big. It looks great for hauling the lone wolf for miles but there were a couple things that I didn't quite like. Since it is so big what do you guys do with it on stand? Do you strap it around the tree, keep it at the bottom, or what? The other thing is that is doens't have many pockets. I have a lot of small things like calls and such that I normally throw in small pockets so I don't know where those would go. I looked at the other packs and the superday looked pretty good to me. Its smaller and has a lot of pockets. Does anyone have this pack (superday) and use it to hall a stand? The straps that would go around the stand look a little small to me but I am guessing they could hold up.
I just think the 2200 is really big for being in the tree and to take on short hunts. What do you guys think?
Thanks.

I own the 2200 and have decided it is to large for my deer hunting pack. I am using a BL monster fanny on a regular basis. When packing a stand I carry my pack on the stand and the stand on my back. Buy better straps for your stand and get a good quality pack that fits your everyday needs.

I own the 2200 and have decided it is to large for my deer hunting pack. I am using a BL monster fanny on a regular basis. When packing a stand I carry my pack on the stand and the stand on my back. Buy better straps for your stand and get a good quality pack that fits your everyday needs.

I concur with Ironwood. Except I bought a Cabelas "monster" fanny as its not as stiff and carries a touch more gear.

Don't know anything about the superday, but i do use the 2200. I have been videotaping all my hunts this year and the 2200 is the perfect size for all my hunting and video gear. I use a Canon HV-20, which is a fairly small videocamera compared to the GL-1. I put that and the Rode shotgun mic in a Sterilite containor inside the pack. Strap my camera arm to the back of the pack and even have some room left over for bino's, safety harness, and an extra sweatshirt. All my calls, tags, water, and all the small stuff goes in the pockets. Even usually hook my jacket to the back of all that It is a good size pack, but it works for what i need it to. I just hand it off the back side of the tree once i get all my stuff out.

I use a one of those cara-bine ropes to hang my 2200. In my opinion it's the perfect pack though I do have a monster fanny that I'm slowly coming around to. Since 80% of the time I'm packing my lone wolf and sticks in I just always use the 2200 because I hate having to switch stuff around.

I have looked at the whitetail hybrid. What are your guys thoughts on that pack? I have looked at the 2200 and think it looks a little big.

I have a superday pack and think its great for hauling in on a stand. I do alot of western hunts and its a great day pack. I have had others and none of them compare to the quality of this pack. It will hold everything you need and then some. You can carry your gun or bow on it and it also has a holster for a pistol on each side of the pack. I'm willing to say you will love this pack, I sure do.

Are the badlands packs washable? Are the zippers quiet? I'm thinking of taking the plunge before next year.

I personally don't care about "too big" BUT that's only because I bring up a ton of clothes, need a ton of room AND I'm about 30+ feet in the air :)

I want to get the 2200 - my bro has it (KSQ2- my bro washes his and it seems fine- not 100% on zippers- sure someone will know) BUT the ONLY thing I don't like- it doesn't look like it has good straps on outside back to hold rattling antlers. Anyone have an idea to secure rattling antlers on OUTSIDE of pack?

BUT the ONLY thing I don't like- it doesn't look like it has good straps on outside back to hold rattling antlers. Anyone have an idea to secure rattling antlers on OUTSIDE of pack?
Skip, another good question, I'd be interested in the answer to that too.

i have both and love them. the 2200 is big but carries everything and kitchen sink. think superday is better whitetail pack. just my 2 cents and they dont mean poo.

For securing rattling antlers to a pack, buy one of those little motorcycle cargo nets. They are about oh Id say 12x18 inches and they have 4 little hooks on them. Simply lay the antlers on the outside of the pack, put the cargo net over it, then hook it to wherever you can on the pack. Works like a champ.

Top Bottom