Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Badlands Straps?

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Hey all,

So I went against what most people here on IW said :confused:and went with the Badlands Superday instead of the 2200. The 2200 was just too big for my liking....Well I ran into a small problem with the Superday.
I wanna strap my Alpha and Sticks to the my pack. The 2 straps that are provided are not long enough to go thru the floor and all the way over the sticks. I can go thru the floor and over the seat post and then strap the sticks to the stand. But I'd like to have the extra security of the sticks to the stand to the pack all in 1 strap. And it would prevent having to detach the sticks every time I wanna hook up the stand/sticks to the pack.

So I did some measuring and some stopping at my local hardware stores. The straps are 13/16 (the buckles say 22mm). Most my small local hardware stores just have standard 1inch.

I stopped at menards, fleet supply, and walmart and they dont even have the 1inch nylon strap or buckles. Any idea where I can buy some of the right straps and buckles?

I would just use a ratchet strap and secure your sticks to the stand and then run your badlands strap through the floor over seat post etc. I am looking at mine now and you wouldn't even have to go over the seat post, just the floor.

Scott IC has a slick set up and I will try to explain. Imagine a long piece of all thread that is shapped like a U with a square edge at the bottom. He runs the all thread through the floor and up along the seat post on each side with the rods facing up. The rods on each side stick out long enough to where you can lay your sticks in them. He then has a piece of metal that fits through each hole in the rod and lays flush along the top of the sticks. He then has two big wing nuts that he tightens down each side on top of the metal piece and the sticks are tightened to the stand.

Yeah, I remember when scott posted a pic of that, it was pretty slick.

As far as attaching to a Super Day pack... good luck, the 2200 has the bat wings and that's the best way I've found, period. Probably have to get some rubber straps and cobble it to the pack and it will be uncomfortable.

Top Bottom