Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bait and Switch

Husker

PMA Member
Well I was able to close the deal this morning on a Turkey, just not the one I thought I was dealing with. This was just my second day in the woods as once again I drew 4th season here in WI. I set up in the same place as usual yesterday morning and I don't know if it was the 1" of rain we got Tuesday night/Wed. morning but the birds were pretty tight lipped. I did manage to get a gobbler within 70 yards but one of his gals showed up and off they went not to be heard from again. Fast forward to this morning... clear cool and calm absolutely perfect bluebird morning. Birds were hammering but none really close to me, around 6:20 I heard a bird across the valley on the other side of the farm gobble 2-3 times and talked myself into moving on him when a gobble came from behind me 150ish or so yards away... cancel the move idea. A little sweet talk on the slate and had a double gobble back, I'm in business. It took them less than 2 minutes to close the distance and they were 40 yards out, the big boy was in the lead and went behind a tree. When he peeked back out I gave a soft purr and up periscope.... BOOM. I don't know how they did it but the big boy became a jake, Nice bird 16 lbs. 5" beard and nubs for spurs..... But I'll have turkey nuggets for supper. Now I wait for next Wednesday and go back for some of his older buddies.... Even made it home before the kids went off to school so we could do our usual photo opp..

DSC00060.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nice work Matt!!!

</div></div>
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nice Bird!

Congrats on the harvest!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Bird!

Congrats on the harvest!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moosehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrtas Slim. 16 lbs is a monster compared to Timmys........ /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif</div></div>

Hmmmmmmmmm... thought I heard him shoot yesterday around 9ish.... gonna have to give him a call and get the scoop.....

Top Bottom